2020/21 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greg O’ Keefe said on the Athletic that he’s heard he’s injured. A bit weird that we haven’t gotten an official update on him, though. Could mean that the team is trying to avoid discussing him as they work out an exit, but I’m doubtful considering how much of a loss any sale would be.

Attachments

• 9277D26D-830B-420E-A1AF-C1A34EB7D9DB.jpeg
    9277D26D-830B-420E-A1AF-C1A34EB7D9DB.jpeg
    19.6 KB · Views: 158
Greg O’ Keefe said on the Athletic that he’s heard he’s injured. A bit weird that we haven’t gotten an official update on him, though. Could mean that the team is trying to avoid discussing him as they work out an exit, but I’m doubtful considering how much of a loss any sale would be.
This one is very weird. Delph too.

The club don't usually say anything about injuries unless someone directly asks and I can't remember anyone asking. I mean has anyone actually heard what happened to Holgate for example? All I know is he doesn't need an operation. They say nothing.

This one is very weird. Delph too.

Yeah definitely a bit bizarre. Both were or at least were meant to be important parts of the team last season. Then again I also found the communication around Gbamin’s injuries to be very bizarre last year too...felt like something was going on behind the scenes when in reality it probably wasn’t.

Are we sure he hasn't been injured since March?

Regardless I'm just not reacting to the silliness regarding League Cup status well. It doesn't matter or mean anything.

We arent sure on anything.

I think Delph will be moved on and is maybe injured, maybe not.
I don't think we will move Iwobi on and think he is injured.

But we know nothing for sure, but yeah, nobody cares if a player is cup tied for the bloody league cup.

I was very against his signing but think he’ll hopefully play better with a competent set of midfielders behind him - think us having more of the ball and him not playing RWB will help him get the ball in more advanced positions and get our attacking trio involved more

Not cup tied + disappeared like Delph.

2 + 2 = 106 maybe but seems like both are on the chopping block

They are probably 2 of the more saleable assets. It gives me hope that Brands has at least got something of a grip on the ludicrous salaries being paid, which would have acted as an impediment.

I'm not a fan of either, but unlike a lot of our other dross can see teams wanting them.

If you play with a 10 Iwobi is good. Delph is actually ok if you keep him fit, and when you look at how naive the promoted sides are, he could be important for them.

Fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.