2020/21 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know a lot of people slate him but I'm optimistic about him. I think he'll be a decent option from the bench, or in rotation.

Considering we needed an athletic winger he was a weird buy at the time, but I think he's looked quite effective when he comes inside. His natural instinct is to play the ball in to a dangerous area as soon as possible. I think he could play the role Gomes was given against Spurs quite well. Drifting around the place, carrying the ball, playing balls in to space, getting in to dangerous areas. That's his game. With our new midfield I think, like Gomes, he will show more.

yes certainly worth a go in that attacking midfield role where Gomes played. He has the ability and power. Let’s hope he shows it this season.

Our fans doing that thing again where we try and convince ourselves someone is good even at the age of 24 and the last team he played for fans couldn’t wait to see the back of him?

Not his fault he was signed but dear lord he’s not good enough.
I always thought he was dirt tbh. I couldn’t understand Wengers seeming obsession with him.

I was therefore devo’d when we paid big money for him, but gave him the benefit of the doubt and hoped he’d prove me wrong. But aside from a couple of decent performances, he’s done literally nothing to change my mind.

If we can get a half decent fee for him and bring in a replacement I’d be delighted.

Our fans doing that thing again where we try and convince ourselves someone is good even at the age of 24 and the last team he played for fans couldn’t wait to see the back of him?

Not his fault he was signed but dear lord he’s not good enough.
Arsenal, a well run club with notoriously reasonable fans.

No Iwobi was not good last season but he also missed basically the whole period under Carlo when we were decent and then post restart was asked to play RWB before trying to carry a terrible midfield. I think he could still do more than he did last season and be a part of the squad.

Iwobi will probably play against West Brom. Think as a team player, he will excel in the company of our 3 star midfields. Our previous midfielders are all passive team players who has little or no creativity on their own.

Iwobi will probably play against West Brom. Think as a team player, he will excel in the company of our 3 star midfields. Our previous midfielders are all passive team players who has little or no creativity on their own.

No chance that he plays tomorrow IMO.

He didn't even make the bench for the cup game a few days ago.

And if we have everyone fit he should be nowhere near the first team line up

If he's actually been hurt, and it seems like he has, best he can hope for is a bench spot. And even then people like Gordon and Sigurdsson took their chance.

Has Iwobi ever excelled, anywhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.