2019/20 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
People claiming his post was a sponsored one by supreme, it wasn’t, it was much worse, he’s trying to look like it was - they wouldn’t touch him, he’s just trying to look like a global superstar.

He'll be here next season and, to be honest, it really doesn't bother me.

The best we can hope for is that he comes back with renewed motivation and optimism, just like the rest of them should be. He's 24, so still young, and the Prem experience both here and at Arsenal obviously isn't exactly a bad thing. It's up to him and the coaching staff to carve out a role on the pitch for Everton Football Club and if he doesn't rise to it then he'll eventually be binned off - it's as simple as that.

Why tho?

They've both been equally bad this season.

And siggurdsson hasnt just uploaded a photo of himself stepping out a Rolls Royce and boarding a private jet

(Not that the photo bothers me but that is the reason Iwobi is getting stick instead of Sig!)

Iwobi has been better and is only 23. We spent double on Sigurdsson and he’s 30.

Sigurdsson did score 14 goals the season before though. I can´t see Iwobi scoring 14 goals in his entire Everton career.
If we had got a proper striker in, like Giroud, who could hold the ball up and bring others into play Sigurdsson might have been very productive.

Very unconvinced by Iwobi at this stage.

He'll be here next season and, to be honest, it really doesn't bother me.

The best we can hope for is that he comes back with renewed motivation and optimism, just like the rest of them should be. He's 24, so still young, and the Prem experience both here and at Arsenal obviously isn't exactly a bad thing. It's up to him and the coaching staff to carve out a role on the pitch for Everton Football Club and if he doesn't rise to it then he'll eventually be binned off - it's as simple as that.

It bothers me. His half arsed annonymous efforts bother me. Dont get the prem experience thing. Crap at arsenal. Even crapper at Everton.
Huge statement will be showing him the door.
I cant take another season watching this fraud.
F off and stink some other club out.

Last edited:
If we had got a proper striker in, like Giroud, who could hold the ball up and bring others into play Sigurdsson might have been very productive.

Very unconvinced by Iwobi at this stage.

Isn't that supposed to be one of Calvert Lewins biggest strengths? His hold up play?

Sigurdsson is crap because he's a coward. He goes missing and hides from the ball when a player who plays in his position needs to show for the ball

Oh and for a so called set peice expert he hasn't scored a single free kick and missed half his pens

Isn't that supposed to be one of Calvert Lewins biggest strengths? His hold up play?

Sigurdsson is crap because he's a coward. He goes missing and hides from the ball when a player who plays in his position needs to show for the ball

Oh and for a so called set peice expert he hasn't scored a single free kick and missed half his pens
Controversial I know but I think Gylfi just isn't really that good at playing as a #10 and it has nothing to do with whether or not he has enough courage or not. He's slow and doesn't find space well. It's a footballing problem not a character problem.

Silva got fired in part because he insisted on having Gylfi play the role despite the obvious flaws. One game Iwobi does it and we produce our best display of the season. Maybe a coincidence but we will never know because we never tried again.

Controversial I know but I think Gylfi just isn't really that good at playing as a #10 and it has nothing to do with whether or not he has enough courage or not. He's slow and doesn't find space well. It's a footballing problem not a character problem.

Silva got fired in part because he insisted on having Gylfi play the role despite the obvious flaws. One game Iwobi does it and we produce our best display of the season. Maybe a coincidence but we will never know because we never tried again.

You don't need pace to play number 10 mate, it's probably the position you can get away with having no pace the most.

It definitely is a character problem with gylfi ( along with a football problem ) the feller won't even put a tackle in he just sticks his leg out and turns his back instead. He's horrible him

You don't need pace to play number 10 mate, it's probably the position you can get away with having no pace the most.

It definitely is a character problem with gylfi ( along with a football problem ) the feller won't even put a tackle in he just sticks his leg out and turns his back instead. He's horrible him
I'm not sure how you can read what I said and come to the conclusion that the main rebuttal is to say #10s don't need pace but carry on.

Controversial I know but I think Gylfi just isn't really that good at playing as a #10. He's slow and doesn't find space well. It's a footballing problem not a character problem

I'm not sure how you can read what I said and come to the conclusion that the main rebuttal is to say #10s don't need pace but carry on.

I don't know mate, maybe the bit where you say he's not good at playing number 10 and then state the reason being he is slow

Status
Not open for further replies.