2019/20 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
What annoyed me the most with this was people turning it into a race thing when it couldn't be further from the case. And people twisting it into "let him have a holiday"

It was and remains, a massively overpaid and under performing player purposely flaunting his wealth in a really garish way during a really difficult time for most of our fans financially.

It was tone deaf, shows how little he gives a [Poor language removed] about the club or it's fans (or at least thinks about them) and it rightfully irked some people.

People then twisted it into "Why are you getting ANGRY at a Black player taking a holiday that he earnt!" Which is a total misrepresentation and completely divisive

What annoyed me the most with this was people turning it into a race thing when it couldn't be further from the case. And people twisting it into "let him have a holiday"

It was and remains, a massively overpaid and under performing player purposely flaunting his wealth in a really garish way during a really difficult time for most of our fans financially.

It was tone deaf, shows how little he gives a [Poor language removed] about the club or it's fans (or at least thinks about them) and it rightfully irked some people.

People then twisted it into "Why are you getting ANGRY at a Black player taking a holiday that he earnt!" Which is a total misrepresentation and completely divisive
I disagree with everybody getting bent out of shape about this, but yeah. People with this much money and exposure will be put under a microscope regardless of race. It’s one of the curses of being famous. Davies gets much worse for wearing funny hats and having the audacity to curl his hair.

Who does he think he is wearing a Gucci hat and a Rolex???

6BEECCEA-ABAD-4214-B56C-B907EFDA144F.jpeg

Isn't Dom mixed race? Kean gets a decent amount too.

Davies is saving a lot of posters but there are a few 'i'm not racist, my mates black' vibes with that too.

Still, the fact people have a problem with what these people do outside of work is very weird.

This hole you are digging is getting deeper feller

I'd advise you to stop digging, it's absolutely not a race thing it's a Everton squad is a load of arse thing

Isn't Dom mixed race? Kean gets a decent amount too.

Davies is saving a lot of posters but there are a few 'i'm not racist, my mates black' vibes with that too.

Still, the fact people have a problem with what these people do outside of work is very weird.
Fans are always looking for something to whinge about. Even Naisy got a fair bit of stick for donating to charities too publicly. Iwobi sucks, so people are biased.

Status
Not open for further replies.