2019/20 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gbamin has still been paid many millions for doing nothing, granted he’s been injured, iwobi hasn’t been injured and got paid many millions. The difference is that Iwobi has been crap and Gbamin hasn’t had a chance, I get that, plus the things he’s posted, just tactless to me.

It isn’t Gbamin’s fault though (and he’s not posting anything). After his recent setback he removed all social media suggesting he’s as sick as anyone about not being able to play.

As if he's took down his Instagram posts.

My god, we have the saddest fanbase in the world. Deserve what we get.

We get nothing. Cruise control. Hardly break into a sweat.
We have players on 100k a week.
Can you not see the issue here? We have created a club for average players to come here and have an all inclusive expensive holiday.
But yeah the fanbase questioning that are sad.
Wake up. We are soft.

I don't have a problem with Iwobi's post. Far more worrying things happening than how a young millionaire spends his free time and money.

Ah lad nobody really cares about his social media posts. Its his lack of effort on the pitch and his all round crap performances.
Ive read so many everton fans saying that.

What would Roy Keane make of it? Given the season Iwobi has had, I think he would probably take a dim view of it.

There are a few things about Iwobi’s post that particularly annoy me.

Firstly, Everton is a humble working class club. There was absolutely nothing about Iwobi’s post that was humble. It was brash and tasteless. Pretty much the opposite of humble. If I think of some of the great Everton players in the past, players who actually won stuff, I can’t see any of them acting like that. Maybe he could get away with it at Arsenal with a history of champagne charlie nicholas, but not at Everton.

Secondly, he would probably get away with a post like that if he was one of our best players this season. But he has been absolutely crap since arriving.

Thirdly, forget his ability, can he be assed? Doesn’t come across that he does in matches. Pulling out of tackles, not looking bothered when he’s substituted.

Which then brings us to the final point. Everton are full of overpaid, crap players who the fans have absolutely no connection to. Actually forget “no connection”, we actually dislike them. They aren’t here to win, or because they are ambitious, they are here because they can pick up a fat wedge, a stupidly big wage, and nothing is expected of them. They aren’t expected to beat the big 6 away, win trophies. It’s Everton “what do you expect?”

So for a player, Everton is a great place to come. Pick up more money than any team will pay you, go through the motions, turn it on now and again and that’s the only thing expected.

And when the fans turn on them, because we’ve bought another fraud, there is nothing we can do. They sit there, quite happily on their big wages for 5 years, as we as a club go backwards.

So it’s for the above why brash Iwobi, who’s been useless all season, flaunting his wealth all over social media annoys me.
You're right, Everton is a humble working class club. But football is no longer a working class sport and most footballers aren't working class heroes anymore. Even the ones that come from poor backgrounds tend to be millionaires by the end of their teens.
Ah lad nobody really cares about his social media posts. Its his lack of effort on the pitch and his all round crap performances.
Ive read so many everton fans saying that.
sadly mate, with the exception of Richarlison and Digne all the players have fallen into that category at some point this season.

We get nothing. Cruise control. Hardly break into a sweat.
We have players on 100k a week.
Can you not see the issue here? We have created a club for average players to come here and have an all inclusive expensive holiday.
But yeah the fanbase questioning that are sad.
Wake up. We are soft.
What they do in their own time is of no concern to you.

Everyone knows they have loads of money, they most likely have not had a real job in their lives. They're essentially adult sized kids for the majority.

Demonising a player for going on holiday is absolutely pathetic.

wouldn’t mind having some utter knobhead’s like that in our dressing room, instead of the gang of losers that we currently have.

Watch the last dance. Michael Jordan was an “utter knobhead” but an utter winner.

We were talking about modern day Roy Keane.

He is a knob of the highest order who always looks to say something "controversial" for shock value. He is no better than Chris Sutton.

Phony hard man, good player obviously.

howling at Mr Angry Tony "Shouty" Scott abusing fans on Twitter in a rush to do some lickspittle defending of Iwobi

What they do in their own time is of no concern to you.

Everyone knows they have loads of money, they most likely have not had a real job in their lives. They're essentially adult sized kids for the majority.

Demonising a player for going on holiday is absolutely pathetic.

Ffs how many times. I dont care about the social media stuff.
The performances and lack of fight on the pitch.
Like talking to the wall.

He is, but the utter distain look he gives some of the awful pundits is great. Him and Souness always look like they want to smack Redknapp in the face.

To be fair to Keane at least he gives his actual view.

I don't think he does though, I always feel like he is giving a gimmicked opinion.

Wanting to smack Redknapp is a natural human emotion.

Status
Not open for further replies.