2019/20 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iwobi is taking time to settle in I would agree, however he is a good solid player & will be an important squad player next season...

He needs encouragement though & not unnecessary criticism aimed at him every time he makes a mistake...

Unfortunately continued disapproval will no doubt knock his confidence & help neither club,team or fans...

Expression & analysis that are inaccurate & not helpful should STAY AT HOME, PROTECT THE TEAM & SAVE OUR PLAYERS...
Yes agree with most of what you said he does need to produce more, he is definitely capable of doing this with both goals & assists...

He does seem to be injury prone since he moved to Everton & maybe this has been the reason we have not seen the best of him...

Motivation is part of the manager's job & I am sure Ancellotti does not need fans booing & screaming insults at our players to de-motivate them...

lol

Marcus you hate our fans don't you buddy.

Iwobi is terrible and we should tell him.

People who say they trust their eyes over stats are baffling. Stats are facts, your eyes are subjective. Professional sports team use one and not the other for a reason.
Sam Allardyce is the most successful manager in England national team footballing history with a 100% win rate. That's a stat. Is the fat, gravy swilling, pint of wine downing, dirge ball enthusiast England's greatest ever manager? Of course not, stats are bald evidence that require analysis and interpretation like all evidence, in every discipline.

lol

Marcus you hate our fans don't you buddy.

Iwobi is terrible and we should tell him.

Your first statement is ridiculous...

But why boo & ridicule your own players it does nobody any good is he the next player for a hate campaign, like Schneidelein,Davies,Barclay & DCL have all experienced.

We are all entitled to our opinions & just because they do not agree with your own it does not make them wrong...

Your second point...

Iwobi is a solid player has not had the best of starts but there is a player there & he deserves encouragement & support...

But why boo & ridicule your own players it does nobody any good is he the next player for a hate campaign,

Disagree with this. It leaves them in NO DOUBT as to our strength of feeling and incentivises them to do better. Those that don't are weak of character and should be sold.

It not the fault of the fans.

Disagree with this. It leaves them in NO DOUBT as to our strength of feeling and incentivises them to do better. Those that don't are weak of character and should be sold.

It not the fault of the fans.

It can also ruin a very good footballer who needs to be nurtured....

Iwobi still only 24 has plenty of time to improve & become a very good player but to continuously mock & criticize him for every mistake in every game will not help him develope...

Iwobi may need the encouragement & protection to improve & develope his career here at Everton & the boos & groans do not help & to say it's weakness of character & to sell him is just pure ignorance...

I do agree we have not seen the best of Iwobi yet but let's have the patience & support our players through these times & we will reap the rewards just look at DCL now & how he has prospered with the support of Duncan & Ancelotti...

It can also ruin a very good footballer who needs to be nurtured....

Iwobi still only 24 has plenty of time to improve & become a very good player but to continuously mock & criticize him for every mistake in every game will not help him develope...

Iwobi may need the encouragement & protection to improve & develope his career here at Everton & the boos & groans do not help & to say it's weakness of character & to sell him is just pure ignorance...

I do agree we have not seen the best of Iwobi yet but let's have the patience & support our players through these times & we will reap the rewards just look at DCL now & how he has prospered with the support of Duncan & Ancelotti...

Unfortunately I think we have seen the best of Iwobi already.

If we boo him now, it might help us recoup most of our outlay and use that cash for a better player. Don't you agree that this would be better?

But why boo & ridicule your own players it does nobody any good is he the next player for a hate campaign, like Schneidelein,Davies,Barclay & DCL have all experienced.

We are all entitled to our opinions & just because they do not agree with your own it does not make them wrong...

Your second point...

Iwobi is a solid player has not had the best of starts but there is a player there & he deserves encouragement & support...

I agree that there's a player there in Iwobi and think he'll go on to surprise a few. But.....

A few groans at Goodison and internet moans do not make a hate campaign. None of the players you mention have been the subject of anything they wouldn't have had at any other club and certainly not what would qualify as a hate campaign.

The occasional boo and groan might not help but it's part and parcel of the game and any player who can't stand to hear audible expressions of disappointment when they do something disappointing really isn't cut out for top flight football....or any flight to be honest.

I agree that there's a player there in Iwobi and think he'll go on to surprise a few. But.....

A few groans at Goodison and internet moans do not make a hate campaign. None of the players you mention have been the subject of anything they wouldn't have had at any other club and certainly not what would qualify as a hate campaign.

The occasional boo and groan might not help but it's part and parcel of the game and any player who can't stand to hear audible expressions of disappointment when they do something disappointing really isn't cut out for top flight football....or any flight to be honest.

If it's the occasional groan then yes that is part & parcel of the game totally except that...

But to get Boos every time you touch the ball or come on as sub or go off after being substituted can not help your game...

Why boo your own players...

Sam Allardyce is the most successful manager in England national team footballing history with a 100% win rate. That's a stat. Is the fat, gravy swilling, pint of wine downing, dirge ball enthusiast England's greatest ever manager? Of course not, stats are bald evidence that require analysis and interpretation like all evidence, in every discipline.
I think most of the people who talk about stats on here aren't doing it in a way nearly as daft as your example tbf.

I think that if Salah had been playing we would have seen even more of a defensive effort from Gordon and if Mane had been missing we might have seen a bit more of I wobi further forward but I think that his game on Sunday and Gordon also was primarily defensive.

Fair and good point mate, I’d accept that. My points on Iwobi are more general and beyond the game on Sunday, though I thought he was sloppy, slow thinking, impactless and poor on the ball on Sunday, despite keeping shape, I don’t wholly accept he took one for the team on Sunday, though I accept he held shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.