2019/20 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he was ok, Certainly wasn't the worst. He tries to make things happen and gets rocks thrown at him when they don't come off.
Yeah it's literally people getting mad at him because he didn't score on either shot and then screaming for Bernard to shoot more. Just wildly negative toward him no matter what happens.

He's 24 in a few months and I'm still not convinced he even knows his best position. If he gets played out wide he tends to drift and wander in to the middle, he starts through the middle and he's non existent when we aren't in possession. Think he needs to start having much more of an impact on games both with and without the ball if he wants to be a success here.

He lost the desire and confidence to run with the ball. That’s the difference between now and 6 months ago. He did alright but as a winger he should not be so passive.

Did anyone think he was going to be anything other than a bang average signing - poor from brands

I thought there was at least a chance he'd come good. I think I've seen enough that I'm not seeing that at this point, but I'd have said much the same about DCL five months ago.

I hope he proves me wrong, but I don't see how he gets the match time to do it after today.

Status
Not open for further replies.