2019/20 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a season of horrendous decisions that stands out.

We still should be imo 5 points better off between that game and the Spurs debacle. Imagine where we would be.

Newcastle and Brighton have stained this season. Anyway, on topic, I don't mind Iwobi and it's unfortunate for him we don't play with a system he suits. Him and Bernard as faux left-wingers for next season is fine with me.

Newcastle and Brighton have stained this season. Anyway, on topic, I don't mind Iwobi and it's unfortunate for him we don't play with a system he suits. Him and Bernard as faux left-wingers for next season is fine with me.
He definitely has a use. The people who say otherwise are clouded by the fee and where he came from. I still think the idea of a 4-4-2 diamond with him as the tip trying to feed balls into DCL and Richarlison is an intriguing idea, but we need a whole new midfield to pull that off. And a RB too.

He's also just getting into playing under Carlo so maybe give it another couple games and see what it looks like.

He definitely has a use. The people who say otherwise are clouded by the fee and where he came from. I still think the idea of a 4-4-2 diamond with him as the tip trying to feed balls into DCL and Richarlison is an intriguing idea, but we need a whole new midfield to pull that off. And a RB too.

He's also just getting into playing under Carlo so maybe give it another couple games and see what it looks like.

I think if everyone's fit a diamond with Gbamin at the base, Gomes and Davies shuttling and Iwobin the diamond works very well.

Works very well with a defensively competent right-back anyway.

He was bought for Silva’s 4-2-3-1 formation, and quickly found himself under a totally different formation and regime. I think he still has something to offer, he will improve long term.

I’m sorry but Brands should personally pay the money back we paid for him. Yet another awful signing. At least when my moyes was in charge we didn’t spend on rubbish like now days

Took it off transfermarkt not memory but any money was too much money.

I just think we’re shocking when it comes to splashing the cash ( anything over £10m lets say) Richarlison and Gomes brilliant but we seem to buy bench warmers for stupid amounts these days

Status
Not open for further replies.