2019/20 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not playing that much in that position is probably why Arsenal were so keen to get rid. As we're seeing. I feel sorry for the lad more than anything.

Imagine one of our rivals like Chelsea, United or Spurs had signed Iwobi for 30 million quid to be their first choice number 10. Deep down, we´d have been pretty happy about that wouldn´t we?

Imagine one of our rivals like Chelsea, United or Spurs had signed Iwobi for 30 million quid to be their first choice number 10. Deep down, we´d have been pretty happy about that wouldn´t we?

We never really got a heads up to form an opinion on the signing in the end. I think if he's played in his proper position, probs not here, he's a good player. We saw with the West Ham game earlier in the season how effective he can be.

We never really got a heads up to form an opinion on the signing in the end. I think if he's played in his proper position, probs not here, he's a good player. We saw with the West Ham game earlier in the season how effective he can be.
He was absolutely excellent in that game and it was lost because everyone went mad over Gomes putting a few tackles in. I was hoping that today the plan was to have him in the middle and play a 4-4-2 diamond. Instead he was forced wider so Sigurdsson could play in the middle and be terrible at it again. I didn't think he was that bad despite it. He was collateral damage for Sidibe's incompetence as well.

He was absolutely excellent in that game and it was lost because everyone went mad over Gomes putting a few tackles in. I was hoping that today the plan was to have him in the middle and play a 4-4-2 diamond. Instead he was forced wider so Sigurdsson could play in the middle and be terrible at it again. I didn't think he was that bad despite it. He was collateral damage for Sidibe's incompetence as well.

When he's on the left and can do what Bernard is allowed to do he's useful but he was on the right and just like Bernard on the right it doesn't do anything. Right footers that need to come inside to be effective should not be on the right wing ever.

You're taking one game against a pretty poor West Ham team though. For a number 10 player his goal record looks pretty poor. I just think it was another classic case of us squandering money on a player we didn't need.

When he's on the left and can do what Bernard is allowed to do he's useful but he was on the right and just like Bernard on the right it doesn't do anything. Right footers that need to come inside to be effective should not be on the right wing ever.
Yeah he's not a dribbler so giving him a role where that lack of dribbling is prohibitive doesn't make much sense.

You're taking one game against a pretty poor West Ham team though. For a number 10 player his goal record looks pretty poor. I just think it was another classic case of us squandering money on a player we didn't need.
When Marco was still in charge we badly needed a better player than Sigurdsson. Iwobi is that, and Silva decided to persist with Sigurdsson anyway. Marco Silva is now unemployed because of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.