2019/20 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
....that’s interesting. I suppose much depends how he’s going in training. I picked up in Brands interview today, he told Kean “he’d look after him”, not sure if that means he’d let him settle before throwing in him.
Watching Lewin again on Saturday says to me Silva would be taking a huge chance not playing kean especially if it goes tits up.Just my opinion mate.

If he’s so aimless and breaks down all the attacks then how did he create more big chances than any other arsenal player last year?

By sheer amount of Hollywood passes he attempts.

Plus he's playing with some of the most talented attackers in world football.

But who knows, you never really know if someone is playing to instruction. Calvert-Lewin for example - people say he's useless, and he may very well be, but at the same time he might be being told to focus almost exclusively on holding up the ball and bringing the play up the pitch.

By sheer amount of Hollywood passes he attempts.

Plus he's playing with some of the most talented attackers in world football.

But who knows, you never really know if someone is playing to instruction. Calvert-Lewin for example - people say he's useless, and he may very well be, but at the same time he might be being told to focus almost exclusively on holding up the ball and bringing the play up the pitch.
Fair. We will find out soon enough. I think Sig is probably a more apt example considering people complain about how high he plays. I doubt Silva is telling DCL to miss chance after chance.

Watching Lewin again on Saturday says to me Silva would be taking a huge chance not playing kean especially if it goes tits up.Just my opinion mate.

....it’s a balance, Silva will have to judge the best time to throw Kean in and that will be based on how the lad is settling. If he starts on Saturday, i’ll be very surprised but it could indicate he’s chomping at the bit and really impressing.

....it’s a balance, Silva will have to judge the best time to throw Kean in and that will be based on how the lad is settling. If he starts on Saturday, i’ll be very surprised but it could indicate he’s chomping at the bit and really impressing.

If he is ready, and for the life of me I cant understand why he wouldnt be, surely starting and getting subbed after 70 minutes (hopefully when his 3rd hits the net), is a better feeling for the lad than sitting on the bench and then gets 20 mins.

edit. Sake, this is this the Iwobi thread. Thought it was Keans.

This game seems almost perfect for Kean to get the start. First home match so the fans will be up for it. Watford won’t sit too deep but also won’t have enough of the ball and press too high for us to require a consistent out ball. Should be plenty of chances for us in this one and I trust Kean ahead of DCL already because I know what DCL can’t do yet. That said, I expect DCL to start and Kean to come on if we need a goal. Same as last week.

If he is ready, and for the life of me I cant understand why he wouldnt be, surely starting and getting subbed after 70 minutes (hopefully when his 3rd hits the net), is a better feeling for the lad than sitting on the bench and then gets 20 mins.

Haha I thought so too

You need to self moderate. Can you give yourself an off topic warning please?

I agree, I think there would be substance to that selection rather than Silva just trying to play up the excitement factor.

I will be very surprised if he starts.

Please stay on topic

Status
Not open for further replies.