2019/20 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't wait to see Iwobi in an Everton shirt. He's come through Arsenal as a winger but i'm sure like many of Wenger's young wingers his future lies in a more central role.

Let's let Iwobi at least play one game before we decide if he is brilliant or useless.

I cling to his last appearance against us at Goodison with Arsenal when I thought he was their best player and caused us lots of problems. I hope that is the player we will see.

I totally agree mate, and I'd say the lad should be given time to settle in as well, and he then goes on to be absolutely boss. I mentioned it above, I just find it funny how some lads suddenly become an expert on Iwobi.

Interesting to see Iwobi being seen as Gylfi's competition by Silva, not necessarily as a winger.

I've seen him mostly (and been unimpressed) with him left wing. If playing more central stops him running down blind alleys and being dispossessed/trying silly tricks, then we may have a player on our hands after all.

More to the point, it's good to see Silva/Brands acknowledging the weakness that Gylfi is to our play and doing something about it. May not pay off but at least it says to me they are looking at the right things.

Bet you're absolutely praying for that as well aren't you mate, so Big Tony down the pub doesn't laugh and take the piss out of you and call you clueless.

I thought Dale Jennings was the next Messi, thought Sterling was useless and Neymar just before he joined Barcelona was a show pony like Kerlon.

So for me at least, while I don't rate Iwobi, I have no worries at all about being wrong about him. I truly hope I am. I can't imagine one player hoping a player is crap - it's just sometimes, like with Bolasie, you pretty much are convinced he's crap before he kicks a ball and you pretty much know he won't do a thing to prove you wrong.

I know we all laugh at Arsenal and say they’re crap etc but thy finished 16 points ahead of us that season. He played quite a lot in their squad and seemed to create a lot. I wouldn’t be surprised if he turned out to be better than most of what we have because like it or not none of our players are actually that good.

Walcott explodes that idea I am afraid mein frandel

Status
Not open for further replies.