2019/20 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not writing him off, but he isn't better than Bernard and was definitely a panic buy after Zaha wasn't happening.
I said at the time and stand by this: We sold a better player in Lookman for significantly less than we paid for Iwobi.
For me, keep Bernard on the left...closest thing since baines / piennar is dine / Bernard....sack Siggy off and play Iwobi close to a striker / 10

Not writing him off, but he isn't better than Bernard and was definitely a panic buy after Zaha wasn't happening.
I said at the time and stand by this: We sold a better player in Lookman for significantly less than we paid for Iwobi.

So much better that he's barely featured since returning to Leipzig

Not going to slate this lad as this is more a general point about us and transfers. Everton are an absolute godsend for clubs for players like iwobi. He's ok. Nothing special. But clubs challenging for honours wouldnt want him as he's not that level. And clubs not challenging but sort of established prem clubs wouldnt pay the sort of money he went for. They would prob have him. But not for 30m plus.
That leaves one idiot club who are the godsends for the seller.
Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.