2019/20 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not career changing? Based on nothing ? There is a massive list of players that have snapped their leg and I’m struggling to think of any that come back and reaches the same level as before . Not saying there is none , but I can’t think of any.

Totti, Ramsey, Shaw. All recent and very similar injuries that didn't affect their careers.

....not at his best yesterday but put in an almighty shift. That role is much more demanding when two play up front.

I still think he’s the most likely to unlock a defence with a single pass and agree that he’s most effective in a top third central position.

He struggled at times yesterday on the ball and seemed to take a touch too many. And he looked to be finding it tough with the sheer ferocity of our press and our physicality. But he worked really hard and you could tell he was giving about as much as he had in the tank.

He looked absolutely knackered, but he sprinted 40 yards deep into injury time to put pressure on Kepa who sliced his clearance. Sometimes hard graft gets rewarded even when your overall play lacks quality.

He struggled at times yesterday on the ball and seemed to take a touch too many. And he looked to be finding it tough with the sheer ferocity of our press and our physicality. But he worked really hard and you could tell he was giving about as much as he had in the tank.

He looked absolutely knackered, but he sprinted 40 yards deep into injury time to put pressure on Kepa who sliced his clearance. Sometimes hard graft gets rewarded even when your overall play lacks quality.
early in the first half Iwobi was the main one I noticed really working hard on pressing, he's a decent player and at the moment he is giving something to the side. Still want better though.

It's a tough ask to do especially if it's not 100% your game.

There was that bit in the 1st where hed been chasing everything down then got a chance to counter, one on one with Reece James, you could see his legs had gone and couldn't get past him.

You really need to be on Bernardo Silva levels of fitness and quality to do both IMO.

But still questions some of Silva's fitness conditions

I didn't see any lack of tracking back and to suggest he sulked at any point yesterday is fantasy, every player put a shift in yesterday, it was the best collective effort we've seen in a long, long time.

Completely agree about the bit in bold.

I’m not saying he didn’t put a shift in but there were at least two times where he lost the ball and stood still upset about losing it, or even once he led flat on the floor after losing it while they countered.

Being 2-1 up at the time, if they scored from that counter and we ended up drawing/losing, I’m sure this thread would be full of abuse.

I’m all for positivity but to suggest facts are “fantasy”.. lol.

Great player overall, and I defend him every week. I just call it as I see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.