Confirmed Signing Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes.. unless you're accusing the manager of lying, which you are like.
I have nothing against Iwobi and like all our signings I hope he is a big success. But don’t try to kid the fans he was one of our main targets. He became one of our main targets when the zaha deal fell through. If he was one of our main targets, why did a bid go in 24 hours before the end of the window and we only just got it over the line in time. Or possibly they were obviously putting a bid in for a centre half.......oh wait.

None. They've watched him not being Zaha is all. But they fail to realise he 10 times better than Zaha at his age.

Zaha was class even back then. He was fantastic even during his first stint at Crystal Palace. I remember the Palace fans singing “he’s too good for you”. There was a serious battle to sign him between United and Arsenal. In the end, he did not bed in well at United but that doesn’t mean anything.

Last bid was 54m about 10 days ago, the rest was SSN making stuff up (or reading twitter) according to Joyce

That's not true at all we were still in negotiations with palace over zaha we just never put another formal bid in for him is all. We were negotiating till about 3pm today he never put in a transfer request for a laugh.

From what I can't tell palace weren't letting him go without replacements. Unfortunately for us palace seem to be one of the most inept clubs in the leauge for bringing in players.

The little I have seen of him he always seemed tidy enough, if a little unadventurous.

Key target, last minute throw of the dice, don’t really mind if it is either. I think we have certainly done a lot worse with panic buys in the past if that is the case here. At the end of the day I feel he improves us in that position this year whilst having some time on his side for improvement as we go on.

May have been a bit of a disappointing conclusion but I’m all I think it has been another reasonable window.

It’s funny how many of your supporters are glad to see the back of him. Homegrown player having come through your academy, great work ethic and works hard for the team. You’d think your support would recognise this like you. I’m hoping your loss is very much our gain.
No different to our own supporters when you think about it.

If he´s going to be a hit here then he has to improve a lot. No longer can he hide behind other superstars, for the money we´ve paid we will be looking for him to be the main man. From what I´ve seen of him I don´t think that´s the type of player he is at all but now he has a chance to prove himself.

Problem is, all other teams did decent dealings, so as club you have to outdo those around u

Not sure if we did

Status
Not open for further replies.