Confirmed Signing Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem is, all other teams did decent dealings, so as club you have to outdo those around u

Not sure if we did
I’d be fuming with the window if I was a United fan. An injury to Pogba would absolutely kill them.

Chelsea haven’t strengthened and lost their best player in the process, Liverpool haven’t strengthened, Arsenal have strengthened up top and in defence but still Luiz has clangers in him and despite how good Tierney is there’s question marks over his injuries.

However, Leicester, Wolves and West Ham looked to have done some decent business and if we can disrupt the top 6 then I don’t see them being too far off.

if you’d have offered me iwobi at 30m or zaha at 80m

errr I know who I’m a choosing

I talked myself into Zaha and I still think he would have been excellent but just didn't fit any type of long term planning. Iwobi doesn't have that issue. He's at the right age to match up with a squad that is being built over a few years and not one that is built for right now.

He's by no means a perfect player but he does a lot of things we don't do well currently, namely passing the ball to other forwards and getting the ball from midfield into the final third. His creative side is good but not great. If he can find more consistency there and add just a pinch more in front of goal he could be a really good player.

I see Iwobi Kean and Richarlison as a very dangerous front three. This season it isn't to the standard of the RS Spurs City or Arsenal but it at least competes with Chelsea and United and it can improve. It's three players that with time to develop their own skills and continuity with each other could be a devastating trio. This was a good last day signing.

Zaha would have been the x factor signing, no doubt, and would have improved my chances of collecting
my 150-1 EFC for the League bet but I am happy with this signing. He brings qualities that the forward line lacks and he's just 22 or 23.

We have Bernard, Walcott, Richarlison, DCL, and now this lad who can play on the wing so we should be ok
for injuries too. And we call on Sandro too - just kidding folks...

Well done Mr. Brands.

Status
Not open for further replies.