After Sunday, would you have Rooney back?

Would you buy Rooney back at this moment in time?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
3 things would have to happen:

1) We'd have to find a £20m (ish) transfer fee.
2) He'd have to take a massive drop in wages.
3) He'd have to force the issue himself with United.

Shouldn't get the hopes up but you can't help dreaming like.

Presumably this is not anything even remotely likely but if somehow it did happen I would be made up. He is a better togger player than nay we have right now so of course yes.
It will never happen though!

For a player a couple of months away from turning 30?

I would worry about giving him a contract over 3 years never mind having to pay a fee.

Yes mate I woukd pay for 20m for a player who is 29, is infinitely better than anything else we have, would put a shift in game in game out, improve our standing, you know with him being England captain and I reckon we would win a trophy and probably stand a decent chance of hitting the top 4 with signings like him.

3 things would have to happen:

1) We'd have to find a £20m (ish) transfer fee.
2) He'd have to take a massive drop in wages.
3) He'd have to force the issue himself with United.

Shouldn't get the hopes up but you can't help dreaming like.

Makes you wonder though, wages and that. Like a few years back I earned tons more than I do now, like 5 times the amount, cos I had to. Now, I am happy with a similar standard of living, but just as content/fulfilled.

But I doubt footballers think like that.

Yes of course! Such a shame the linesman didn't allow him to go through and potentially score. It would have amazing! The linesman didn't obviously realise the nature of the day. Argh well I hope we do see him score again in Everton blue!

Yes mate I woukd pay for 20m for a player who is 29, is infinitely better than anything else we have, would put a shift in game in game out, improve our standing, you know with him being England captain and I reckon we would win a trophy and probably stand a decent chance of hitting the top 4 with signings like him.
We wouldn't get top 4, we probably wouldn't win a trophy and in 3 years time he would have no resale value and we would have to find 20m from somewhere to replace him.

Makes you wonder though, wages and that. Like a few years back I earned tons more than I do now, like 5 times the amount, cos I had to. Now, I am happy with a similar standard of living, but just as content/fulfilled.

But I doubt footballers think like that.

Can you imagine the boost of optimism it would give us for the coming season if it happened now though ?

There I go dreaming again.

After this afternoon rant with that manc bell end I have changed my mind . I would have him back asap . Today made me relise what we miss . A true scouser who loves the club but money he had to follow to provide for his family's future . So yes I'd have him back but befor today I would of said no
Well said ... Couldn't agree more

Status
Not open for further replies.