Match Thread AFC Bournemouth v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Silva keep treating games like training ground to play Schneiderlin, Walcott, DCL constantly believing he can mould them into world beaters overnight. If not, why play them when we have Davis, Moise, Bernard sitting on the bench??? Isn't attack and leading a game the best defense??? It's just frustrating to see even before the game started the unproven starting line up and it's been a trend to see Silva desperation by subbing in the players after 70min to mend the eventual broken situation! He is more like a amateur club manager having nothing to lose attitude more than a manager wanting to win league or be in the front runners.

I'm losing faith in him pretty quickly tbh. I hate watching us in away games doing exactly the same thing over and over with no real point to any of it.

I just think he's a bit out of his depth. Obsessed with posession and "controlling a game" when in fact his tactics make us dead easy to play against. The more ball we have the more susceptible we are and that can't be right.

Thing is, I don't think he is.

At home, we don't really control games. We play at full throttle (at least in decent spells) and that's when we score.

It's just away. It's like he's far too safe and that's where he wants us to have the ball and see games out that way. Issue is we're simply not good enough on the ball to do it.

Thing is, I don't think he is.

At home, we don't really control games. We play at full throttle (at least in decent spells) and that's when we score.

It's just away. It's like he's far too safe and that's where he wants us to have the ball and see games out that way. Issue is we're simply not good enough on the ball to do it.

The home form keeps the wolves from the door but if that went tits up, or another early cup exit, he would be under serious pressure.

I'm just watching the match now (as I was out yesterday) and after 52 minutes we are under no pressure at any point apart from one set piece but all I can say of this team is they just play within themselves away from home. No aggression, no urgency, always the safe pass, always passing on opportunities to get a shot away.

At this stage no one is having a shocker (well Keane seems to not be able to make a pass) but there's no one taking the game by the scruff of the neck and driving us on.

Such a soft belly, very frustrating to see and I've mentioned before but his lack of being able to change it up until we go behind is alarming to say the least. That's a massive flaw and one that looks like he can't rectify.

They were crowding their area all game, it's only when we attack with pace (our only goal) that we have success. Their first 2 goals were from set pieces and the 3rd from a breakaway, so it's our set piece defending and slow attacking that cause us problems. When we attacked with pace we saw some chance of scoring and I think that's Marco's plan. If only the players could execute it more effectively.
Fair enough, but Marco only seems to have one plan, the midfield was too slow, Delph wasn’t great but looked like he wanted to win, Sigurdsson wasn’t in the game at all and Schneiderlin plays within himself, passes the buck, giving the ball to the nearest player to him, we could have won, we had more chances than a poor Bournemouth team who were gifted at least two of their goals, but wedidn’t look like we had the heart,bottle or determination to get a grip of the game.

Kean is a young lad playing in a team that is struggling in all departments, he needs plenty of help, same as DCL, not getting it at the moment from the players around him or the managers tactics, especially the tactics away from home.

Worries me deeply on how easy we are to break down. No energy or heart. The defence needs more support. So, for the next game I would drop Sigurdsson,I rate him highly, but his non existent at the moment.

Kean
Iwobi Rich

Davies Gomes
Delph

Major problem in defence. Thought 3 of the 4 had shockers. Coleman was just as poor as the two centre halves. Unless Sidibe is a world beater looks like we are stuck with that back four. We all knew the CB issue in the summer. Kenny leaving on loan was also a gamble. Until January it is what it is

Bournemouth had a reserve right back, a young keeper, Cook in midfield back from an ACL injury, they had a reserve CB for the last half hour and we never even made a dent in them. They were happy to sit back and let us have the ball and just countered at every opportunity and it worked a treat. Silva goes out to win every game, that's fine but there's more than one way to win a game of togger we're too predictable atm.

I was listening on the radio in car and only paying half attention.... but to me it seemed like:

- We controlled possession
- Weren't really threatened except for at our diabolical defending at set pieces
- Toothless in attack
- Wasteful

Is that the case? And if so, it sounds like the same problem we've been having for ages.

Glad that DCL has scored but we really need to get Kean up to speed ASAP.

We looked good going forwards and poor going back. Definitely had our second string midfield out today, and it showed but scarily it was the poor performances at CB that were the most frightening. Need everyone to re-watch that Millwall game from last season before our next game.

Status
Not open for further replies.