Transfer Rumour Abdoulaye Doucoure

Status
Not open for further replies.

They had us pinned from about 60 minutes on. I don't like the idea of spending massive money on slightly above average players with little room for development but Doucoure is still a good player.
Either that or Gbamin and Gomes stink, which they don't. Man marking those two took us completely out of our game. You can thank Doucoure and Capoue for that.

Aside from completely dominating the middle of the pitch and us forcing virtually everything wide. Sure.

Good idea, force us out wide to Richarlison and Bernard instead of someone making his first premier league start and a half injured Gomes.

You're telling me he's THICK that's all.

Good idea, force us out wide to Richarlison and Bernard instead of someone making his first premier league start and a half injured Gomes.

Well, I mean, that's kinda his job playing in the middle. The he and Capoue made it their jobs to man mark Gomes and Gbamin and push us back in our own end for most of the second half.

It went wide and got turned over pretty much every time. But sure he's the thick one.

Watford have done this to us the last two games at Goodison. We were just better at the back then we were in December.

Not advocating Doucore, but if our defense/goalkeeper weren’t in the form of their lives, we probably would have lost that game. We have to get better in the middle. We haven’t really been in control of either of our games and the opposition hasn’t been that great.

View attachment 65363

Not advocating Doucore, but if our defense/goalkeeper weren’t in the form of their lives, we probably would have lost that game. We have to get better in the middle. We haven’t really been in control of either of our games and the opposition hasn’t been that great.

If Richarlison doesn't miss two free headers from 8 yards out we win it 3-0, we can say these things.

In conclusion, as everyone else is saying, our midfield is terrible and Doucoure still couldn't create enough chances or stop us scoring.

If Richarlison doesn't miss two free headers from 8 yards out we win it 3-0, we can say these things.

In conclusion, as everyone else is saying, our midfield is terrible and Doucoure still couldn't create enough chances or stop us scoring.

If that's what happened, sure. But it wasn't. They had the better of possession, the won more challenges, they had more progressive passes, WAY more passes into the final third. We have a bit more attacking and defensive quality. But they absolutely won the middle of the pitch, no question. They have a great central midfield pairing, Doucoure and Capoue. They are better than Gomes and Gbamin at least at this moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.