Transfer Rumour Abdoulaye Doucoure

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is where Brands needs to earn his wage now. The money is there, but Watford don't want to sell. Brands must use his contacts and persuasion to get a quality alternative in.

we definitely need a centre back, a winger is pretty much a necessity also seeing as we've sold lookman and vlasic and onyekuru can't get in (also broadhead out if we want to look at pre-season).

But centre mid? We can perfectly get by without signing this guy, i'd still like him tbh, he's a bit of a monster, but if we got sidibe, cb and a winger and not this one it'd be a great window. This signing would just top it all off, it's pretty much the same as last season where getting Zouma was the icing on the cake, but we didn't view it as a necessity.

Set to walk away from talks

probably for the best, we can always revisit in jan with him having sulked. We have perfectly enough options without him, can still keep schneiderlin until January and revisit. Also, i know he's not all that, Besic can be used in the event of a crisis also seeing as nobody wants to take him, if we do offload schneiderlin, i mean you'd be hard pressed to find a better 7th choice centre mid/defensive mid than him for half a season.

Set to walk away from talks

We could hypothetically get Sangare for less than half the price of Doucoure.
Yes he has played in this league, and worked with Silva previously so I can see the appeal.

He was also absolutely awful in the FA Cup final, an uncapped 26 years old, and never worth north of 50m

Status
Not open for further replies.