2022/23 Abdoulaye Doucouré

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why do we keep doing this?

We need a squad! If Doucoure is our worst midfielder then we are probably doing something right.
I’m not sure he fits out new model.

I also think we are in a new era where we are actually able to sell players occasionally, rather than letting their contracts run down.

We still appear to be looking at central midfielders. If that is the case then he may be surplus.

Mina and Keane are definitely surplus.

1666812741102.png

? The Duke.

Last edited:

But such a good back up
I’m ok with backup, but if an opportunity comes up to bring in a younger hungrier player I would take it. Doucoure’s contract is up in 2024, so right now was he has a transfer value for us.

Loan maybe the wrong word. I meant transfer really.

He is an OK player. When on form is very useful, when off form still better than Davies. I would say along with Garner he is an adequate back up. We don't want to fall into the trap of not having back ups like last season
I agree we need backups, but our new model is clearly going after younger players with potential. That is the sort of backup I would prefer.

Doucoure’s has a year and a half left on his contract and he will be on a big wage. It may make sense to replace him. Apparently we’re looking at Weston Mckennie.

Unfair to postulate that motivation is his issue...he’s always been 100% committed.
He seems to have gone backwards since joining us, I know he’s had injuries but I always question a player’s motivation to become better when there’s no competition for their place.

Status
Not open for further replies.