2020/21 Abdoulaye Doucouré

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite easily, I watched the game pass him by and he wasn’t as dominant as he was against Spurs. Allan was outstanding in the centre of the park

it’s not that hard mate

Right. I'm not saying he was man of the match or anything. I'd agree with "he wasn't as dominant as he was against Spurs" - but can you see that it's a massive jump to "atrocious"?

Atrocious is like, errors all over the place, missed tackles, giving the ball away regularly, costing us goals etc. Think Morgan Schneiderlin. I didn't see any of that. Did you?

Right. I'm not saying he was man of the match or anything. I'd agree with "he wasn't as dominant as he was against Spurs" - but can you see that it's a massive jump to "atrocious"?

Atrocious is like, errors all over the place, missed tackles, giving the ball away regularly, costing us goals etc. Think Morgan Schneiderlin. I didn't see any of that. Did you?

In 65 minutes he had 57 passes at 94% pass completion. I'm not sure how that can be construed as the game passing him by or being atrocious.

I thought he was quality today again.

Did one pass that will get overlooked just before our third goal I think it was where he gave the eyes that he was going to pass it to Coleman, it was an obvious pass but instead he fired a no look pass to Calvert Lewin on the edge of the box instead. Doesn't sound like much but I love a bit of variety in our passing like that, really caught West Brom off guard.

Think his and Allan's roles were flipped compared to the Spurs game, for some reason. Didn't do much box to box and hung back with the CBs a lot - probably to help deal with that Diangana who was giving us problems? Watford fans will tell you he's not good as a DM. Need him running up the pitch with the ball and combining with James/Gomes.
If we are going to stick with a 3 man midfield
I think Gbamin, when he gets fit and if he gets back to the Player he was a Germany, will help massively. As he will sit and Allan can play Right and Doucoure Left. Both like to get forward and press aggressively.

That midfield today would have stopped a lot of the problems West Brom caused us at times

He'll come into his own in different type of game.
He can take a bit of a back seat with Alan and Rodrigues running the show.
Nice to see Seamus get forward without the need to sprint and do his thing, knowing Doucoure can slipback in with the CBs.

Status
Not open for further replies.