2020/21 Abdoulaye Doucouré

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he’ll be up there for our player of the season. His availability and consistency is ridiculous. Sure he doesn’t get the headlines of DCL or Godfrey, but he puts in a ridiculous shift every single game.
Well put. He's the 7/10 player EVERY GAME that we were crying out for before. Links up defence and midfield and, when Allan is around, midfield and attack really well. Hopefully when Allan is back and, dare I say it, Gbamin is around the squad as well, he can up his starting position on the pitch and get a bit more involved in the goals and assists, too.

Abdoo has been a really good signing imo. Such an athlete and seems a true pro. Extremely happy with this relative bargain signing.

Abdoo has been a really good signing imo. Such an athlete and seems a true pro. Extremely happy with this relative bargain signing.
For me, even though they are different players, he's essentially replaced Gana from a consistency/always fit standpoint. We've needed that - a guy who you know you can count on to just show up every game and perform

lots of shouts for Ben Godfrey to be Captain, but does anyone else think this lad would be good? He certainly leads by example (like Ben) but has a lot more experience in the prem?

Thought Brands had nothing to do with signing him?

Maybe it was Silva...we know that Silva wanted both richy and doucoure when he was there...so perhaps doucoure stayed on the list and with watford relegation it was an easy task for Brands to get him.

Status
Not open for further replies.