2020/21 Abdoulaye Doucouré

Status
Not open for further replies.

Every good team needs an Abdoulaye Doucoure. You need a worker, you need an athlete who can cover ground and allow the more creative players to try things. There have been times in the recent past when players couldn’t afford to loose the ball as the opposition could go straight through us, things are different noW with this man and Allan. Hopefully Gbamin is the third part of a midfield whose sum is greater than the total of its parts.

Rest up, The Duke.

What a shift he's put in for us. Thank goodness he's been an ever-present throughout the period where our best players were dropping like flies. The points total of the last 3 months has been built on the foundation of his tireless work, in my opinion.

I think he’ll be up there for our player of the season. His availability and consistency is ridiculous. Sure he doesn’t get the headlines of DCL or Godfrey, but he puts in a ridiculous shift every single game.

I think he’ll be up there for our player of the season. His availability and consistency is ridiculous. Sure he doesn’t get the headlines of DCL or Godfrey, but he puts in a ridiculous shift every single game.

I nearly mentioned player of the season in the post actually - he should definitely be in the running. He and Keane I think have been absolutely exceptional.

We've asked the world of him since Allan got injured and he's done it all with (literally) a smile on his face and as a result is clearly really well-liked by his team mates. He's wanted to be here for years and he's giving it everything now he's arrived. Fit for every game too as you say. Must be a manager's dream.

I can't speak highly enough of him. He can play as many sloppy passes as he likes, I really don't care.

I think he was below his usual standard on Saturday but he still did ok. He is in desperate need of this 9 day rest. In my opinion he has been our best player this season. With Allan back and Davies his work load may be decreased slightly and he might start getting amongst the goals a little more.

I mean DCL is the obvious pick and should win it, bit Doucoure has been my player of the season really. Almost every week he's played well and been solid. He's very consistent and has shouldered a lot of the burden with different players being injured.

Think he’s been tired lately and not quite on his game, so this little break should do him the world of good

Aye, his energy levels are great so we know we'll always get that shift. Just on the ball I feel he is in too much of a rush at times - it showed the other night.

But, he's been some addition for us so far.

Not the answer if we really want to kick on. Not to say i dont rate or value him. For a start he wants to win. Has a hunger that your sigurdssons and iwobis dont have. But it all comes down to how far you want to go. Wouldnt have a problem him being in a midfield with a few quality signings. But he hasnt got the passing range to frighten teams.
The tuck in style we have away from home is fine. But at home it shows we havent got the midfield quality to keep the ball.
No issues with him though. Leaves it all on the pitch. More than some do.

Status
Not open for further replies.