Confirmed Signing Abdoulaye Doucouré

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting rid of Gomes would be like returning a puppy to the pound for some. He has to contribute a lot more but might come into his own with better players around him. There are others higher up the pecking order for the chop.
He was never a ball winning midfielder. He was better with Gueye along side him. He can then use his passing range to open up play.

He was never a ball winning midfielder. He was better with Gueye along side him. He can then use his passing range to open up play.
He’s not a ball winning midfielder, but there were some days where his effort was really lacking. He tends to be at his best when he plays like a madman and closes down space.

He’s not a ball winning midfielder, but there were some days where his effort was really lacking. He tends to be at his best when he plays like a madman and closes down space.
I agree. I hope that when there are high energy players along side him it will rub off and make him more urgent In his play.
He can be a great player, but I’m sure the injury knocked his confidence.That takes time to get over.

I agree. I hope that when there are high energy players along side him it will rub off and make him more urgent In his play.
He can be a great player, but I’m sure the injury knocked his confidence.That takes time to get over.
I just think back to Sheffield and he was gosh darn excellent. He is capable of being a very good defensive player. Never a great tackler, but he can be great when he is feeling it.

I just think back to Sheffield and he was gosh darn excellent. He is capable of being a very good defensive player. Never a great tackler, but he can be great when he is feeling it.
He was good that day. Some peoples exuberance rubs off all over others. I’m hoping our new midfielders will do that to the whole team and raise their game.

Maybe , but it still puzzles me why he gets a free pass while others face the internet equivalent of a Lynch mob . I get he seems a decent bloke but so are Davies and Sigurdsson and I have personally walked out of more games happy with Sigurdssons contribution than with Gomes.

I think, or at least I hope, given good players around him he will step up and give us some flair. He will probably be a backup to Rodriguez or we might play the two of them against teams who are not going to press us high up the pitch. At least we will have option.

I also think having players around him that can actually pass the ball is going to mean he has less defensive work to do in any case, so those energy reserves won’t be depleted by the 17th minute anymore.

I also think having players around him that can actually pass the ball is going to mean he has less defensive work to do in any case, so those energy reserves won’t be depleted by the 17th minute anymore.
The team in general was low energy. We got overwhelmed a few times and it was embarrassing. The new lads move the ball foreword, can pass a ball, go past player sac and win the ball back. They will lift the whole team.

Status
Not open for further replies.