Confirmed Signing Abdoulaye Doucouré

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering what we will be hanging on to Gomes for? I am presuming taxi driver or souvenir shop assistant?

Getting rid of Gomes would be like returning a puppy to the pound for some. He has to contribute a lot more but might come into his own with better players around him. There are others higher up the pecking order for the chop.

Tom Davies needs to be cut from squad I don’t remember a Young home grown kid get so many chances and not grasp them

his ceiling as been past by us given the new manger and his obvious ability to sign CL league or of that ilk players just off hi name

good kid Tom likeable off the pitch also and hard working just doesn’t have the tools to move forward with us

great fit for a wba whu or Leeds

It suits us to leave it late if we can get a lower price, but if Watford actually want time to use that money and replace him, they can’t afford to leave it until the last few days. Hoping to see a breakthrough in this deal this week ideally
They will probably have a few options though, I highly doubt that we are the only club interested in Doucoure.

Just wondering what we will be hanging on to Gomes for? I am presuming taxi driver or souvenir shop assistant?

There is no doubt that he can play, it is just that he isn’t consistent enough. I would be hopeful that if he has a couple of ball winners behind him that may allow him to play with a bit more freedom and that may lead to an improvement. I would keep him as cover for Rodriguez given the latter’s injury history.
Gbamin is the unknown quantity, if he comes back fit and we’ll he may be the final part in the jigsaw. Also Anthony Gordon could thrive with Allan and Doucoure behind him.
We will be much better in midfield next season than we were last, which is something.

There is no doubt that he can play, it is just that he isn’t consistent enough. I would be hopeful that if he has a couple of ball winners behind him that may allow him to play with a bit more freedom and that may lead to an improvement. I would keep him as cover for Rodriguez given the latter’s injury history.
Gbamin is the unknown quantity, if he comes back fit and we’ll he may be the final part in the jigsaw. Also Anthony Gordon could thrive with Allan and Doucoure behind him.
We will be much better in midfield next season than we were last, which is something.
Maybe , but it still puzzles me why he gets a free pass while others face the internet equivalent of a Lynch mob . I get he seems a decent bloke but so are Davies and Sigurdsson and I have personally walked out of more games happy with Sigurdssons contribution than with Gomes.

Tom Davies needs to be cut from squad I don’t remember a Young home grown kid get so many chances and not grasp them

his ceiling as been past by us given the new manger and his obvious ability to sign CL league or of that ilk players just off hi name

good kid Tom likeable off the pitch also and hard working just doesn’t have the tools to move forward with us

great fit for a wba whu or Leeds
Is he hard working? Like outside of the football field or something.

Getting rid of Gomes would be like returning a puppy to the pound for some. He has to contribute a lot more but might come into his own with better players around him. There are others higher up the pecking order for the chop.

Stick any of Allan, Doucoure or a fit Gbamin around Gomes and we'll see the strengths of his game more than the weaknesses.

Anyone else on here recovered from what could have been career ending break to be back playing in the a few months

Nope thought not
Andre says your all shocking

Status
Not open for further replies.