Transfer Rumour Aaron Ramsey

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would take him, if his wages and signing bonus would not be absolutely crazy. He is a solid player, could be Milner type of a signing for us - an experienced guy looking for a new challenge, available for free for probably his best years of his career. If nothing else, he would surely be an improvement over a guy like Schneiderlin or McCarthy in our squad to compete for starting lineup place. Would be especially needed if we are unable to buy Gomes. And as an extra, if we sign him, we could probably sell Schneiderlin or McCarthy or both of those for a profit to add into our budget to buy a world class player for our starting lineup. It is not like we have an unlimited budget.

He’s going to City. And if for some reason that falls through, he’ll go to United or Chelsea.

He won’t come here. And we wouldn’t spend the money he wants on him.

He’s going to City. And if for some reason that falls through, he’ll go to United or Chelsea.

Your right, if city want him, and then he also has the choice of Chelsea and Man U , he’s deffo not good enough for us.

Your right, if city want him, and then he also has the choice of Chelsea and Man U , he’s deffo not good enough for us.

I didn’t say he’s not good enough for us. He certainly is. But that doesn’t mean he’s good enough to give £300k a week and a huge signing on fee when we haven’t got the spending power of those clubs.

Barcelona’s cast offs seem alright mate.
Yeah thought that when I wrote that comment. Was waiting for someone to pick me up on that!
If he’s not good enough for Arsenal then he’s not good enough for us was the sentiment I was trying to get across. We need to be getting players on the way up rather than on the way down.

Not good enough for City. He’ll go abroad, can’t see a top 6 team wanting him tbh.

Yeah thought that when I wrote that comment. Was waiting for someone to pick me up on that!
If he’s not good enough for Arsenal then he’s not good enough for us was the sentiment I was trying to get across. We need to be getting players on the way up rather than on the way down.

While I get what you mean, there’s nothing wrong with getting players from clubs who are ahead of us, which Arsenal very much are.

And I think we’ll see that when Ramsey goes to a team also ahead of us when he moves.

I’m not overly arsed by Ramsey personally though.

Status
Not open for further replies.