A question to the most of the fans; Do you really think bringing a new manager would solve our problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What on earth do we achieve as a club working towards any sort of medium- or long-term ambitions if we just sack any manager who is mid table after half a season? If you repeatedly do that then you end up cycling through a long list of managers who are either:

a) available because they have been sacked from another club; or

b) tempted away from another club at the expense of a substantial compensation package

and then only keeping them for more than six months IF they have more luck than the last guy (because they'll be using most, if not all, of the same squad to play against the same opponents).

I think you have to give ANY manager at least two full seasons (barring obvious fretful into relegation trouble).... and I have lived through the Martinez tripe and the ordeal that was Mike Walker.
And that’s because we made the wrong appointments in the first place. Every manager we’ve had since Moyes, there were serious doubts before he was appointed, as to whether he was up to the job.
Martinez - just got a club relegated, despite winning a trophy.
Koeman - only ever saw us as a stepping stone no affinity to the club or its fans.
Allardayce - board panicked with his appointment. Outdated style of football that is suited to the dark ages.
Silva- good record abroad, but dismal records at hull and Watford in the Prrmier League, yet the board saw something in him.
Until we get the right appointment, nothing will change.

It’s always easier to get rid of the manager than the whole squad...
It won’t solve the whole problem but it will eliminate one of the root causes and pave the way to fixing the problem...

...it would if it’s the right Manager, but finding him is the hard bit.

I think thats the same for any club

Excellent players? Do people still really believe this?

lol it seems so...

Individually yes.

Richarlison is a key player for Brazil.

Iceland is one of the premier leagues star players

Pickford is England's number one

Gomes looks like a pass master

Mina and Digne have great potential.

They aren't working as a TEAM though and that falls on the manager.

Ps I don't agree with all these players but I'm going for the general consensus.

Richarlison is 21 and NOT a key player from brazil
Sigurdsson is NOT a star player
Pickford has lost his confidence
Gomes looks like Schneiderlin
Mina and Digne need 2 defenders next to them

The rest of the squad by and large is awful

A proper manager should be able to use the players at his disposal from the off.

They must be able to identify weaknesses within the current squad and be efficient in minimising them.

None of this 'i need my own players' before they've played a game.

The manager also needs to be proactive and adaptable. A tactician. Not somebody with a philosophy of playing whom doesn't learn from their mistakes.

Dont you rate Klopp, Pep or Mourinho?

Because they werent successful at RS City Utd until they got their own players...mourinho said the same himself only last week.

Sam is the least of our problems.. he signed two players who are still contributing..

Silva already knows his best 11... but sadly doesn't know how to motivate them or organise them

Silva doesn't even know how to prepare a team to face opposition as bad as Millwall.

Silva should of insisted that we do not give needless free kicks , corners or throw ins anywhere in our own half, knowing that it would be used to gain an easy advantage against us (a scoring opportunity)

Silva blamed the ref and not having var for this shambolic display... in itself is lamentable

But let's give him more time.. he's just misunderstood

Stopped reading after the 1st sentence. He signed Walcott and Tosun for £43mil on around £250k a week and neither can get in the team.

Now that there’s nothing on the season the results will probably pick up. This Everton squad love to win games that don’t matter.

Summertime Jags and Baines gone and hopefully some more 'fan favourites' binned off too.

Current manager isn't getting the best out of the squad but then neither have, what, 3 other managers, 4 including unsworth? Players have to step up and start doing the basics. You concede so many easy goals, and they are easy goals for the opposition, it doesn't matter what you do going forward. We've been the same side now since moyes left. To easy to score against, no grit and determination, bottle under pressure.

A different manager isn't going to change that, we either have to accept it's going to take time and recruit the right players or the players we've got take some responsibility while they're taking home their extortionate pay cheques every week for making us an embarrassment. For me the manager isn't the issue, if it was we would have seen a step change with any of the other 3 permanent managers we've had in the last 18 months.

A better question would be how many of the current everton squad deserve to play for the club? It ain't many for me.

For the players over 21 only Lucas Digne.

And that’s because we made the wrong appointments in the first place. Every manager we’ve had since Moyes, there were serious doubts before he was appointed, as to whether he was up to the job.
Martinez - just got a club relegated, despite winning a trophy.
Koeman - only ever saw us as a stepping stone no affinity to the club or its fans.
Allardayce - board panicked with his appointment. Outdated style of football that is suited to the dark ages.
Silva- good record abroad, but dismal records at hull and Watford in the Prrmier League, yet the board saw something in him.
Until we get the right appointment, nothing will change.
You could argue Moyes was a fluke as well, though Bill was shrewd enough to realize he was onto a good thing.

There's no point in doing anything before the summer. But Silva has to make progress. Not results wise as much as now we play. We need to look like we have a plan that can produce week in and week out. If that starts to happen maybe Silva does have a long term idea. But there need to be some signs.

Dont you rate Klopp, Pep or Mourinho?

Because they werent successful at RS City Utd until they got their own players...mourinho said the same himself only last week.
I do obviously, but they can still get a tune out of teams in front of them - providing a clear platform going forward

Status
Not open for further replies.