A question to the most of the fans; Do you really think bringing a new manager would solve our problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Klopp finished 8th 1st season
I get that, but they still picked up some great results along the way and gave promise in the style they were trying to adapt to.

Contrasting to ourselves where I can't see a significant style of play other than banging in the crosses. And we're less 'inconsistent' and more on a total landslide right now.

Every league has great clubs, average clubs and crap clubs. Maybe we just need to accept we’re an average club in the PL era and in that way we’re performing as we should.

We shouldn't accept average or not have aspirations of being a better club.

However, it's all got to be tempered with the fact that we are currently, in financial terms, the 7th biggest club in the league. And we are much closer in terms of financial power to Watford, Brighton, West Ham, Newcastle, Leicester than we are to Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal etc..

We've wasted a huge amount of resource over the last few seasons. From poor decision making at all levels of the club. If we'd excelled in that period then maybe we could have pulled away and genuinely been the 7th strongest club in the league. That should be our short term aim. Make sure people view us as the best of the rest, and a team that could, if things go in our favour, challenge for a Top 6 place or a cup. All that should be do-able and relatively unambitious but still seems like a far way away.

You can pick holes in what Silva and, to a lesser extent, Brands have done since coming in. But our problems go much deeper than those 2. They are mired in our pre-existing problems and probably feel slightly hamstrung in the current situation. I think we owe them a bit more time. At the very least until the end of the season for Silva. I would say 2 seasons for Brands. Sacking either of them now would just be a short term, superficial change. Fundamentally nothing would change and the same problems would still exist for a new manager or DoF. Namely an unbalanced, overpaid and , in some cases, poor squad that will be difficult to re-shape in any hurry.

But the blood thirsty amongst us want a change now. In the UK, we buy-in to the cult of the manager. That the bucks stops with them. That the manager is the main driver for success. He's not. He's an important part of any success but having a clearly footballing strategy in place that permeates all levels fo the club is significantly more important. That's something that falls squarely on Kenwright and Moshiri. Both of whom have come up short in their strategic thinking, or at least putting the right people in place to formulate that strategic thinking.

I get that, but they still picked up some great results along the way and gave promise in the style they were trying to adapt to.

Contrasting to ourselves where I can't see a significant style of play other than banging in the crosses. And we're less 'inconsistent' and more on a total landslide right now.

A bad Dec / Jan...lets see how we do onwards but with this load of dross id be amazed if anyone could get a tune out of them

Status
Not open for further replies.