Votes: 137 54.8%
  • No

Votes: 86 34.4%
  • Cheese with Worcestershire Sauce on toast

Votes: 27 10.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We can finish 7th all right.....but Sam is going to have to stop focusing on relegation fears and starting looking to get up there into a possible European qualification spot.

But the former was all he talked about on MOTD last night.

BFS cannot focus on anything other than relegation, it is all he knows. He is playing a clever game, if he keeps the threat of relegation to the fore then when we don't get relegated then he has been successful. If he was to raise expectations above staving off relegation and then finish outside the top half then he would appear to have failed. That wouldn't suit his self serving outlook.

Off Arsenal win the league cup but finish 6th what happens? Would 7th spot disappear?

No.

The only thing that would make the EL spot disappear for the 7th placed team this season would be a team finishing outside the top six in the league winning the F.A. Cup.

Unless the rules have been changed since last season.

For example, we would not have been in Europe this season happen Saints had beaten United in the LC Final in 2017.

The 5th placed team goes into the EL......but it goes down to 6th place or 7th place if the domestic cups go to teams qualifying via another route i.e. finishing top four or winning a Cup.

I think :blush:

Outside of getting a europa league place, does anyone actually care? Honestly if we finish 7th it feels like some people here are going to do a big jig and say “see it wasn’t such a bad season after all”. If you remove all context out of the situation and state that we’ll finish 7th you could get away with it. On and off the field we’ve been an absolute embarrassment and disgrace for massive parts of the campaign. Our transfers are masterminded by the “it’d be funny if it wasn’t so painful” worst DOF who isn’t even a DOF. We have Sam Allardyce as manager. Genuinely take a minute and think about what that means. Every summer signing bar the goalkeeper and to an extent Rooney has been poor. This season has been a massive letdown and disappointment.

Cards on the table I’m glad we won yesterday. You support the club first and foremost. But honestly if 7th meant that Allardyce got to stay, I’d take anytning up from 15th-10th just so that didn’t happen. There’s plenty of reasons to want him gone but I’ll just leave a small one here. Whilst we were getting spanked yet again by Arsenal, one of our most promising youth players was scoring a winner in the bundesliga for a top 4 club there. A youngster who under this manager wasn’t getting a proper look in, even though every time he got a few minutes he impressed. If you couldn’t find time for Lookman in this shambles of a situation then what exactly are you doing? The silver lining is hopefully he develops his game under an actually good manager in a team which plays good football and comes back to us ready to shine. Under a new manager of course.

Hopefully the planning for summer is well underway. Without both Walsh and Allardyce being key figures in it, but given our owner’s increasingly demonstrated lack of sound judgement I won’t hold my breath.

So yeah.. in short. Sam can take that 7th place trophy, shine it up real nice. Then he can turn it sideways and shove it straight up his candy ass.

Asked and answered in the first sentence.

Of course people care.

If for no better reason than finishing seventh means we will have won more matches than if we finish anywhere below that position and as most of us on here find our lives infinitely more pleasant after Everton win a match it means a great deal.

How are we 2 points off 7th with the worst Everton squad I can remember.
Bournemouth just got thumped 4-1 , that means every team from 6th to 11th have lost this weekend apart from us.
7th is definately within our grasp , but theres always another Arsenal / Spurs thrashing just around the corner.
I'd sooner take safety and this manager gone tbh.

It's "funny", everyone predicted us to be prolific and have a great start and fade at the end because of all the matches we had to play in the Europa. Instead we have been terrible all year.

Here we go, we win a game and some fans post can we make Europe.

Have you actually watched us this season?
We are dreadful.and another away game from an other defeat

But we played most of our hard games away. Have bolstered a bit in January. Crap or not we are 2 points off 7th with most of the hard gamegames out of the way. It's actually very likely we will get 7th considering our squad is much better now Just need to improve an iota. or perhaps we don't even. It's just a very odd one because we are crap but getting 7th from where we've been suggest Sam would have done an excellent job. And probably mean another season which most of us don't want.

I always think Everton = best of the rest. When Moyes turned this club to the 7th place trophy team.

Moyes took us from relegation threatened to 4th 5th and 6th so I don’t see how he created the 7th placed trophy. It’s a media construct, in reality 2nd place is best of the rest, or 5th place if you’re counting CL or 8th place if its on Europe. Just picking out where Everton are and calling it best of the rest is ridiculous.

But we played most of our hard games away. Have bolstered a bit in January. Crap or not we are 2 points off 7th with most of the hard gamegames out of the way. It's actually very likely we will get 7th considering our squad is much better now Just need to improve an iota. or perhaps we don't even. It's just a very odd one because we are crap but getting 7th from where we've been suggest Sam would have done an excellent job. And probably mean another season which most of us don't want.

If I am honest with you Death, I will be both surprised and disappointed if we do not finish 7th at this stage :blush:

Moyes took us from relegation threatened to 4th 5th and 6th so I don’t see how he created the 7th placed trophy. It’s a media construct, in reality 2nd place is best of the rest, or 5th place if you’re counting CL or 8th place if its on Europe. Just picking out where Everton are and calling it best of the rest is ridiculous.

Well said, Dom

Status
Not open for further replies.