7th Place - Yes or No

Do you want Everton to finish 7th and go to the Europa Conference League?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Too many games in an ill thought out. flawed competition, putting undue strain on a shallow squad. We're probably best equipped than we've ever been with Carlo in charge, but no. Its not worth it as a competition. Especially at 7th with the preliminary rounds so early they probably kicked off last month ffs

It only exists as a safety net competition to extend the TV season for the Sky brands that fail in the runners up league.

Yes, without a shadow of doubt, yes. Think of the older fans who may never see us win anything again, they need as much chance of a pot as possible or the generation who have never seen us win anything yet, a chance at a European trophy is not to be sniffed at because we clearly can't win domestic competitions.

Its a good starting block to progression.
Its also an opportunity & probably our best chance of a trophy.

I really dont see the point in slogging away for 38 games not wanting europe, for what?
To try and get europe next year

YES - first ever winners in history of the Europa Conference with guaranteed entry into the following seasons Europa League.

Be interesting as any English team that enters that comp must be near favourites to win it which long term may see 7th itself lose a euro spot which makes it even more difficult to qualify for Europe via league placing with the league being so competitive at present.

I honestly don't think the Europa cup is worth the bother unless you have the depth of squad to deal with it and I think the two goalkeepers and umpteen teenagers I've hardly heard of who regularly sit on our bench are testimony to the fact we don't, on the other hand I had just the best trip with the blues to Alkmaar a few years ago so I appreciate it's a double edged sword.

I didn't mean to be negative but I think winning the Europa is like 25m total so I'm just not sure the money is that important of a consideration.

Prestige same thing. Europa is one thing but this is going to be 10 games or more where people can find the city on the map in half of them if you get lucky with some draws. We aren't signing world class talents on the back of a final win over Partizan Belgrade.

The thing that intrigues me the most is the chance to get youth games but for that to be worthwhile we'd have to guarantee the likes of Gordon, Branthwaite, Nkounkou, Simms, etc. where staying and playing in all of these. And that they'd get further chances if they played well.

It's not just prize money, you'd also get TV money, sponsorship money and maybe fill Goodison 3 or 4 times. It won't be enormous sums in today's football but it will be something

Dynamo Garden Centre

01C85D69-0BB7-44E9-8E52-E3C8EEBD14F8.jpeg
3B9398FA-C0A4-4AF8-B5A0-71CABB8CCD6B.jpeg

Other garden centre based teams are available (or not).

Status
Not open for further replies.