7th Place - Yes or No

Do you want Everton to finish 7th and go to the Europa Conference League?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ideally I'd want us to finish as high as we can, but if 7th is the highest we can achieve then I'll take it. It's progress on a road to somewhere and could give any new signings in the summer a chance to bed themselves down in the team quicker or even put our dross in the shop window to be snapped up. As fans we'd all prefer to see EFC playing any games between weekends rather than having to watch / hear about other teams playing instead. I think our squad will be able to cope with Europe next year and who know when we may qualify for Europe again, so let's take the opportunity if it's available.

Is there any possibility that a Europa League spot drops down to 7th (and thus Conference League to 8th) - CL-qualified team winning FA Cup or United winning EL for example?

Those denigrating the Conference League, look at some of the teams from the other big leagues that we could be in with should we get a place

France - Marseille (could also be Rennes or Lens)

Germany - Bayer Leverkusen (outside chance of either Monchengladbach or Union Berlin)

Italy - Roma (but could also be Sassuolo)

Spain - Villarreal (could be Betis, Real Sociadad or Celta Vigo if results turn or Villarreal win Europa League)

Plus there’s Vitesse and one of 4 teams including Feyenoord from Netherlands, Hibs and Aberdeen from Scotland, Ferreira and 1 from 4 teams from Portugal, potentially Genk, Anderlecht or Standard from Belgium

1000% yes. Tbh I don’t even think we’ll get top 7 but if we do I’ll be delighted with getting in this. 1 we’d be in with a very good chance of lifting a pot, something a lot of us have never seen us do, 2 it would be good for aways, and 3 it’d be a good chance to blood talented young players

Status
Not open for further replies.