7th Place - Yes or No

Do you want Everton to finish 7th and go to the Europa Conference League?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mmmmsnouts

Player Valuation: £40m
Finishing seventh is always a dodgy way to get into Europe, but it may especially be the case this year as it will mean a trip to the first-ever Europa Conference League. Despite the strain on the squad the regular Europa League is generally a pot worth winning, in the words of Sir Alex… but what about ECL?

Big YES from me.

We might stand a great chance of winning the third tier European competition and if if comes with a glamour final in Budapest or Copenhagen next May ol’ Khal will be there, COVID and other pestilences permitting.
Final is due to be played in Tirana in Albania as far as i know in a 22 thousand capacity stadium

Perfect chance to give the yoot a chance, some much needed extra dough and extra games, whats not to like?

The squad will be improved, if we have European football, it will be built with that in mind.

Yes.
How much money you think we get for winning the Conference or whatever it is? One weeks worth of wages?

Dough is dough and coefficient is coefficient.

Exposure, increased sponsorship, we need to get our name out there.

Sure it's not CL, but it's a chance of glory, we can't be passing those up.
I didn't mean to be negative but I think winning the Europa is like 25m total so I'm just not sure the money is that important of a consideration.

Prestige same thing. Europa is one thing but this is going to be 10 games or more where people can find the city on the map in half of them if you get lucky with some draws. We aren't signing world class talents on the back of a final win over Partizan Belgrade.

The thing that intrigues me the most is the chance to get youth games but for that to be worthwhile we'd have to guarantee the likes of Gordon, Branthwaite, Nkounkou, Simms, etc. where staying and playing in all of these. And that they'd get further chances if they played well.

Can't wait to watch our under 18's v Dynamo Garden Centre from Liechtenstein on a wet night in November.

More seriously (because I wouldn't really bother with it) it's a chance for our trophy dodging heroes to show the many Evertonians who haven't seen us win a goddam thing a bit of success, so yes for their sake.

For me the Europa League has some genuine appeal. The dosh is decent now, and the winner gets into the Champions League. The ECL looks like the Checkatrade Trophy of Europe, something that’s meant for smaller leagues that need a legit chance to win something. Fitting that our U23s play in that tournament too, because the chance to play them in Europe is the only positive I see being in the ECL.

Status
Not open for further replies.