777 Partners - New Poll Added 18/10/23

New Poll... are you in favour of 777 Partners acquiring Everton FC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There seems to be a lot going on with this sale. Do 777 have the funds,? In a way the US is awash with money that wants to speculate. They may do what FSG did, and get rich individual investors to plough money in. With the Wrexham thing, football in this country is seen as romantic and showbizzy, which can attract attention and funds. Or they may get big financial institutions interested.
The one thing in their favour is that they reside and have their money in the US. As I can't see the premier League wanting to damage a US owned business with a points deduction over FFP. They'd more than likely take the prem to a US court on restraint of trade or some such legality. I think Chelsea got assurances from the premier League, that they wouldn't penalise them over FFP due to Abramovich's debt. So in the short term, I think we'll be safe and maybe that's why Moshiri is selling now and doesn't want to gamble with the FFP investigation outcome.
777 will add to the already American controlled premier League. Which I think will push for a different TV individual clubs TV deal and a greater push for a Euro Super League as envisaged by LFC, Arsenal and Manu's owners. They'll have more owners that are offay with a US style sports commerce process. At least we'll be in the gang and may get some benefits.
Or we could just play in the 777 international cup with all their other owned clubs.
They are not plowing money into football for romance. They are purchasing future cash flows.

Even the Wrexham guys are monetizing that club to the hilt (with the TV as evidence). It’s the only way to survive these days.

Not really sure about that. Moshiri has other business interests aside from Everton and there's plenty of people who do business with him. Football is about money and if people think they can make money from it or from Everton, then they will do business with anyone.
Suspect many of his business partners are on restricted lists for those posing sanctions (US, ourselves) - and therefore you'd struggle to move the money around.

As dodgy as 777 may be - they aren't under sanctions.

Not really sure about that. Moshiri has other business interests aside from Everton and there's plenty of people who do business with him. Football is about money and if people think they can make money from it or from Everton, then they will do business with anyone.
That was fine when it was OK to do business with his other business interests, but now we can't he hasn't been able to replace the USM money at all.

Crying about only getting a few minutes notice? WTF lads. Every single supporter knew that Moshiri was talking to these lads and everyone has been waiting for confirmation.

Then crying about the announcement being before an important game. WFT lads???? We play important games every few days till May. Are they suggesting we shouldn’t have been informed till next June?

Sometimes I think the only people with less intelligence than the people who run the club are the people who promote themselves to the position of our most important fans.

It's why they tend to get short shrift from the club because absolutely everything is a problem instead of concentrating on the one biggest core issue of the day.

The only plus side if any....

These are now in one of biggest league in world sports in terms of money. They'll have a billion pound stadium.

It'll be in their best interest to keep their acquisition in the league using every resource including the other clubs they own.

There's something their they can make a fist of. Unless they just want to cut and run.

Problem is that minimal investment in the squad equals playing Russian roulette with relegation. As we’re now seeing.
Nope. Look at Brighton. Selling there best players at crazy prices and bringing in even better ones from minor leagues with peanuts. Thats what i call know how. Stay away from the likes of Brands, Thelwell and co and bring in the guys with football knowledge... Player trading can be done but only with the right guys.

They'll be borrowing from a variety of places. I think some of the big banks such as JP Morgan will have an interest in loaning them money for example... especially on the back of the stadium.

How much they leverage on to the club will be the kicker.

More details will emerge, my sense would be Paul has been asking in financial circles and he's prob come up with evidence info of the group not raising significant funds - that's me speculating.