6 pointer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything seems to be kneejerk on GOT.

The team that started on Saturday had seven players that came during the summer, and if the manager is guilty of anything it is of being too active in the transfer window.

This team will take several weeks to settle down and I expect some more bad results before a team and formation eventually evolves.
I do wish that was not the case and I do wish that the manager was not so completely focused on signing one striker above all others(Giroud apparently) , but I do believe things will settle down and performances will improve.
I do believe as well that it may well become an opportunity for others, like Kenny, to get a chance to show what they can do.

We have had 4 more competitive games than most teams and we don't have a recognised striker, plus Koeman can't seem to recognise a tactical fu in not having a right sided midfielder on the pitch Saturday.
Knee jerk yes, with foundation yes

Everton and Dutch don't mix.

Andy Van
Drenthe
Moonhead
Davy " Naismith but without the goals " Klassen
Johny " Faux hardman " Heitinga

Name a single decent Dutch manager, Van Gaal about the best of a massively overrated bunch, in premier league terms anyway.

Bin now and get Fran Escriba in.

23rd of September versus Bournemouth, lose this and we could be in the relegation zone.

If Hammers win tonight then, depending on whether they play before us this coming weekend, there is every possibility we will be in the drop zone before a ball is kicked at OT on Sunday afternoon :(

I have just checked....they play away to Baggies on Saturday.

Leicester are the other team which could overtake us on Saturday if they get at least a point at Huddersfield.

Everything seems to be kneejerk on GOT.

The team that started on Saturday had seven players that came during the summer, and if the manager is guilty of anything it is of being too active in the transfer window.

This team will take several weeks to settle down and I expect some more bad results before a team and formation eventually evolves.
I do wish that was not the case and I do wish that the manager was not so completely focused on signing one striker above all others(Giroud apparently) , but I do believe things will settle down and performances will improve.
I do believe as well that it may well become an opportunity for others, like Kenny, to get a chance to show what they can do.
He is (and Walsh) not guilty of being too active in the window, but more so guilty of neglecting areas of the team that needed strengthing. Siguardsson, Klassen and Rooney all bought to play the same role, whereas we still haven't secured a striker, pacy left sided centre half and cover for Baines which would have given the team far better balance. I fear this word balance is going to be a reaccuring nightmare throughout the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.