6 + 2 Point Deductions

All that would achieve is closing the GD gap between Arsenal and Liverpool. Given that there's already 39 goals between us and Sheffield the margin of victory makes no difference to us.

It'll never happen but if you wouldn't take pleasure in the RS blowing their title hopes by losing at home to one of the worst teams in PL history I don't know what to tell you.
Who cares about Liverpool though. I want us to stay in the league.

OH OF COURSE THEY ARE

Shame it hasnt happened already T Carp. A rule like that would see the pool of interested parties in buying the club increase.

No one with ambition is buying a club like us at present time as even if they want to invest money into the squad and improve our position in the table, they realistically cannot to due to the rules.

If suddenly someone can invest £100m into the playing squad and move us up the table towards the top 10 with only having to pay a luxury tax, you would assume that a number of wealthy individuals out there looking to either speculate to accumulate or just wanting a play thing like Abramovich with Chelsea may just appear out of the wood work.

The PL's current rules are weakening the league and are purposely not attempting to attract investment just to appease the 6 clubs at the top.

Levy is quoted:

Don’t forget, the major shareholder of Tavistock, who owns Spurs, had recently been found guilty of insider trading.

I’m not disagreeing with the fact they’re a well ran club and the stadium is playing a big part in their finances, but it’a not all rosy.

The days of free spending PL clubs appears to be dwindling, and the league will instigate changes to facilitate further investment and spending.

Hence the proposed rule change.
Maybe Daniel Levy has learned off Joe Lewis the mayor owner of Tavistock, although Lewis has had little to do with Spurs dealings since 2022, Levy is the next largest owner of Tavistock shares.