6 + 2 Point Deductions

They're "losing" money because they built a stadium and are depreciating it at an accelerated rate.

Guys, there's nothing to see here on Spurs. They're well run and cash positive, PSR compliant.

There's nothing to pick apart. They're doing well.
Levy is quoted:
Levy stressed the need to "capitalise on our long-term potential".
"To continue to invest in the teams and undertake future capital projects, the club requires a significant increase in its equity base," he said.
"The board and its advisors, Rothschild & Co, are in discussions with prospective investors. Any recommended investment proposal would require the support of the club's shareholders."
Don’t forget, the major shareholder of Tavistock, who owns Spurs, had recently been found guilty of insider trading.

I’m not disagreeing with the fact they’re a well ran club and the stadium is playing a big part in their finances, but it’a not all rosy.

The days of free spending PL clubs appears to be dwindling, and the league will instigate changes to facilitate further investment and spending.

Hence the proposed rule change.

I would guess 2 also. It kind of legitimises Forest's penalty at the same time. Our two charges dividing to 4 points a pop.
What if our total equals theirs though. For arguments sake let's say we breach by 20M making the total 40M and we get 8 points in total yet they get half that for breaching by 35M. How on earth is that right?

Levy is quoted:

Don’t forget, the major shareholder of Tavistock, who owns Spurs, had recently been found guilty of insider trading.

I’m not disagreeing with the fact they’re a well ran club and the stadium is playing a big part in their finances, but it’a not all rosy.

The days of free spending PL clubs appears to be dwindling, and the league will instigate changes to facilitate further investment and spending.

Hence the proposed rule change.
Yes, they need cash to improve the squad and continue to work on capital projects. Their operating results are good, they are making money, not losing.

I've clocked out with it as it's become very clear they wing it. As the Fan Advisory Board said;

• “We’ve now had 3 hearings, overseen by 3 different commissions, applying 3 different approaches, and reaching 3 different conclusions. In the last week, we’ve also seen the Premier League confirm that it will be looking to change the PSR rules as early as this summer.

My guess is 2 points.

We're told any breach is a points deduction, and I'm thinking they'll acknowledge existing penalty/period.

I do have a concern though it could become "we'll its a second breach that you didn't take steps to resolve" and hammer us more.

Feels pointless trying to apply logic/second guess it though as it's such a chaotic, agenda driven process.
Totally this - they could say 2 or 12 points deducted at any one moment, since they are totally making it all up as they go along - a complete sham.
I would guess 2 also. It kind of legitimises Forest's penalty at the same time. Our two charges dividing to 4 points a pop.
Something ain’t right with any process when we’re at the guessing stage, which we have been from minute one with this joke.

Theres no legitimacy to any of these findings, they have been pulled out of masters behind.
What if our total equals theirs though. For arguments sake let's say we breach by 20M making the total 40M and we get 8 points in total yet they get half that for breaching by 35M. How on earth is that right?
you bang on mate, nothing makes sense with how they have gone about it all - there isn’t any logic we can apply to any of this mess, it’s beyond farce.

They will probs take 4 off us just to get it back to the original 10, may take another 6 just for the lolz to get us to the 12 masters wanted us to be hit with - who knows what they will do when they don't even know themselves?

We're 11 points clear of them. If we somehow go on such a disastrous run that we finish behind them it won't be the difference between 17th and 18th it'll be the difference between 19th and 20th, so it barely matters at all.
Honestly I find that mad. I’m not even bothered about saying it. I want Liverpool to smash them by 6/7 tonight.

Honestly I find that mad. I’m not even bothered about saying it. I want Liverpool to smash them by 6/7 tonight.
All that would achieve is closing the GD gap between Arsenal and Liverpool. Given that there's already 39 goals between us and Sheffield the margin of victory makes no difference to us.

It'll never happen but if you wouldn't take pleasure in the RS blowing their title hopes by losing at home to one of the worst teams in PL history I don't know what to tell you.

All that would achieve is closing the GD gap between Arsenal and Liverpool. Given that there's already 39 goals between us and Sheffield the margin of victory makes no difference to us.

It'll never happen but if you wouldn't take pleasure in the RS blowing their title hopes by losing at home to one of the worst teams in PL history I don't know what to tell you.
Yep, I'm a Sheffield fan too tonight lol lol;)

Well unless there are written guidelines to say if you breach by x amount you get this punishment and so on, then a 20 million overspend could be treated the same as a 40m one. It's crap don't get me wrong, but this is the problem having subjective punishments.

Yes, they need cash to improve the squad and continue to work on capital projects. Their operating results are good, they are making money, not losing.
Was interesting to see them use "costs for hosting other events" or words to that effect.

If as we believe BMD, will utilise this as fully as possibility I would like to think that Us and surely Spurs have, gained from this, rather than it being an extra cost, I would hope that cost is well offset by this?

Again may be over simplifying it but isn't that a part of the whole purpose of having a Stadia that can be multi functional?

Well unless there are written guidelines to say if you breach by x amount you get this punishment and so on, then a 20 million overspend could be treated the same as a 40m one. It's crap don't get me wrong, but this is the problem having subjective punishments.
It's more than crap it's unjustified and nonsense and if there are no written guidelines then why the hell are they even imposing it in the first place.

If we want to be on the safe side let's just call it a draw.
They aren’t catching us unless we get hit with a completely ludicrous deduction. But I still want them a battered, humiliated, demoralised shell of a squad, with semi-able players already thinking about avoiding injury so as not to scupper a summer move to whoever gets promoted. Players don’t shop window themselves any more, too precious for that. They’ll coast and hide if they are already mathematically gone. Perfect scenario for us to grind out an emphatic 1-0 victory when we play them.