6 + 2 Point Deductions

Out of interest, what should have the punishment been for us admitting our guilt due to our incompetent owners?
Imo

We have been shocking, so should have taken it from all angles.

£10m - our books are clearly dodgy
3 points - we did gain a footballing advantage
2 transfer window embargo - we have been crap in the market

Couldnt argue with that. And its extremely harsh, but I honestly cant argue with how badly weve been run. We should also sue our owners/financial management to recoup some of their “dodgy” pay offs, that they honestly didnt earn.

But can, will and do argue with 10 points.

The main issue that the Commission has ignored is that the rules are not intended to regulate sporting performance.

if they were they would be anti-competitive and would give the top 6 are competitive edge. I assume that no one would want to argue that point.

They are intended to ensure that clubs do not overspend and therefore go into administration.

The manner of regulating this issue is not by way of a sporting sanction. It should be by preventing teams from signing players or committing to other capital expenditure that can not be budgeted.

That should be a starting point for any appeal.

If the deterrence argument is put forward then a transfer ban is a deterrent and has the added benefit that it is not the Premier League that potentially puts a club into administration but the club itself for its unwise transfer spending by being relegated.

Agreed, and makes the sporting sanction all the more nonsensical, let alone the unprecedented, unjustified severity of it.

The main issue that the Commission has ignored is that the rules are not intended to regulate sporting performance.

if they were they would be anti-competitive and would give the top 6 are competitive edge. I assume that no one would want to argue that point.

They are intended to ensure that clubs do not overspend and therefore go into administration.

The manner of regulating this issue is not by way of a sporting sanction. It should be by preventing teams from signing players or committing to other capital expenditure that can not be budgeted.

That should be a starting point for any appeal.

If the deterrence argument is put forward then a transfer ban is a deterrent and has the added benefit that it is not the Premier League that potentially puts a club into administration but the club itself for its unwise transfer spending by being relegated.

Read today Everton had to run every signing by the premier league due to being close to P&S.
That worked out well for all concerned

Imo

Couldnt argue with that. And its extremely harsh, but I honestly cant argue with how badly weve been run. We should also sue our owners/financial management to recoup some of their “dodgy” pay offs, that they honestly didnt earn.

Arguably we would benefit from a transfer embargo

Read today Everton had to run every signing by the premier league due to being close to P&S.
That worked out well for all concerned

It's just another element to all this that simply does not stack up. How can we have ran every signing past them, yet its led to this? In that case surely theyve spectacularly failed in their own duty?

Not at all excusing our own disgraceful mismanagement, but like I say, yet another aspect of this which simply doesn't make sense.

Imo

For me, I expected before the verdict & i stick to it, that it should have been a fine only - and maybe a transfer window ban. For me no points should have been deducted not even 1 point - but even if i did expect any points to be deducted i expected the very low end

We can already expect probably other clubs to not get anything like us, even though they should be hit way worst, but the way the press and co are saying stuff like, Everton's things are completely different to other clubs

Its most peoples reaction, as Keane and Wrighty in that Neville video. They cant talk about our case, were just a fluffer for their main act - any of the scum six.

Last edited:
They don't just wander into those shows. That will have been story-boarded prior to the discussion...the way they wanted to roll out that issue.

So we got an initial "That's harsh, isn't it, 10 points"...then the Ornstein intervention with totally skewed take that skipped over the punishment and focussed the bulk of the time on Everton's "excuses". Then Neville makes a general point of the PL being a mess to round it off.

Scripted.

That's what we're up against.

Carragher and Neville don't give a flying one about us. Don't doubt that.
Think Neville has a greater interest of the game, Carragher only has interest in LFC and wants City punished.

The main argument against the 10 points is that it was ARBITRARY.

The PL had no scheme laid out for breaches and therefore had to look at the FL rules. Scandalous way to run a multi billion pound organisation.

The initial 12 point suggestion was clearly plucked out of the air by the PL and leaked to the press.

There has to be a breach of natural law principles here - you can’t just “make it up as you go along” and issue arbitrary punishments.

It’s not North Korea.