6 + 2 Point Deductions

PL in talks with Saudi company over new sponsor deal.

Corrupt to the core.

And it's stuff like this that 100% will show that the club is the sacrificial lamb.

The UAE involvement this year blows apart their flimsy P&S rules due to changes in the market that have saved teams like Wolves, Newcastle, and Chelsea for another year.

It's why they should be managing rather than punishing and what Steve Parish said before... depending on the market you can spend loads on year, nothing for 2, but get punished for 3 years ago or vice versa.

They don't just wander into those shows. That will have been story-boarded prior to the discussion...the way they wanted to roll out that issue.

So we got an initial "That's harsh, isn't it, 10 points"...then the Ornstein intervention with totally skewed take that skipped over the punishment and focussed the bulk of the time on Everton's "excuses". Then Neville makes a general point of the PL being a mess to round it off.

Scripted.

That's what we're up against.

Carragher and Neville don't give a flying one about us. Don't doubt that.

Have to disagree Dave, Carragher in his Facebook comment was very supportive.

Just started watching this. Well done to Gary Neville for bringing the conversation back to reality after 5 minutes of Everton bashing from that weasel Ornstein and Keane, telling us to “take our medicine”. Just felt like it was getting set up as a pro-PL arse covering and damage limitation exercise, I’m surprised Neville was allowed to say what he’s said and it’s been allowed to go out by the producers.
I don’t agree with Neville all the time but more than any of the Sky regulars he certainly cares about the fans, fair play and grass roots football. Seems a good lad overall.

Just started watching this. Well done to Gary Neville for bringing the conversation back to reality after 5 minutes of Everton bashing from that weasel Ornstein and Keane, telling us to “take our medicine”. Just felt like it was getting set up as a pro-PL arse covering and damage limitation exercise, I’m surprised Neville was allowed to say what he’s said and it’s been allowed to go out by the producers.

Neville has been banging the regulator drum for a while, so they won’t stop him

Just read the full hearing report. Two conclusions i have drawn….

1) Everton were quite creative in some of the mitigations they were trying to argue….I personally struggled to see where the decisions that went against us were unreasonable decisions if I am not looking at it with any bias. For example, brining the naming rights £10m a year conveniently forward by three years whilst still stadium still under construction without any paperwork to show for it despite us saying negotiations were at an advanced stage. Seems a little far fetched to me.…and

2) A lot of detail in the report and then just one paragraph relating to the 10 points without any breakdown or rationale - this is just very poor by the commission and will rightly give rise to being accused of ‘finger in the air’ plucking a number out of their arse to make a statement, which further gives rise to a biased agenda.

So whilst we may have ‘cooperated’ some of our arguments were creative/tenuous at best to the point where we advanced them initially and then dropped them at the first sign of trouble, and the Commission, really haven’t detailed Why the 10 points, which means we can all assume, it is to fend off Independant regulation, to make a statement and apply a sanction which acts a deterrent. In the absence of other charges and hearings that is all we can assume.

P.S I wasn’t particularly happy with Moshiri talking about a non existent midfield which almost validates the allegation of overspend on players and the account who basically admitted to being creative with his interpretation to benefit Everton….he should have just said that’s how we interpreted it without an agenda.
I actually though that the stadium naming rights is an easy one to prove, IF you have details.of conversations taking place.

It will be difficult now to shake the name of BMD for the stadium, the club are now trying to do it by calling it the fourth grace, or Everton stadium, but if a business wanted to opportunity to have its name forever associated with a new stadium, what batter to way to call the construction phase by that name. If a company what's that, they'd need to pay for it.

Yeah thought the same when I watched it. Didn’t get the impression that any of them had delved into the finer details. Maybe if they did, they’d realise why we’re so peed off.
Cant stand these so called experts who like to comment without doing their homework properly.
I listened to this week's price of football podcast, and had exactly the same thoughts on that. Tried to make themselves seem balanced but always seemed to tip in favour of the PL.

The main issue that the Commission has ignored is that the rules are not intended to regulate sporting performance.

if they were they would be anti-competitive and would give the top 6 are competitive edge. I assume that no one would want to argue that point.

They are intended to ensure that clubs do not overspend and therefore go into administration.

The manner of regulating this issue is not by way of a sporting sanction. It should be by preventing teams from signing players or committing to other capital expenditure that can not be budgeted.

That should be a starting point for any appeal.

If the deterrence argument is put forward then a transfer ban is a deterrent and has the added benefit that it is not the Premier League that potentially puts a club into administration but the club itself for its unwise transfer spending by being relegated.

Out of interest, what should have the punishment been for us admitting our guilt due to our incompetent owners?

A punishment on the owner, rather than the fans who called it out.

A punishment that would be paid out of his pocket, not ours. They were very well renumerated on the BOD, that renumeration accounts for risk, this was the risk, they got it wrong, pay for it. Not us.

A punishment on the owner, rather than the fans who called it out.

A punishment that would be paid out of his pocket, not ours. They were very well renumerated on the BOD, that renumeration accounts for risk, this was the risk, they got it wrong, pay for it. Not us.
I would add to tha, a sanction to all those culpable, that they should not be allowed any involvement in the running of football clubs going forward.