6 + 2 Point Deductions

Interestingly I have just loooked at Forest's accounts on companies house, it shows that for the 20/21 season they lost approx £15mill, for the 21/22 season they lost approx £45mill. Obvioulsy we dont know what the figure is for this filing period, but they way they spent it must be a lot. The PL statement said Forest can only lose £61mill for this period for the breach... Not taking any sort of mitgations into account and the Covid years and this years submission, they look to be way way over that £61mill limit. Yes its a very crude calculation!

They'd prob like us to just walk away - a league of only the top 6 to play out on Sky Sports each week. The others just get in the way. Hey they could even form a joint league with other countries top teams...oh wait we've been there before haven't we?
Sometimes I feel like walking away but I can’t, I just can’t…dam it! I just want fairness.
Wish the top 6 had gone, they have too much power and influence over the PL, the greedy b’stards!

Interestingly I have just loooked at Forest's accounts on companies house, it shows that for the 20/21 season they lost approx £15mill, for the 21/22 season they lost approx £45mill. Obvioulsy we dont know what the figure is for this filing period, but they way they spent it must be a lot. The PL statement said Forest can only lose £61mill for this period for the breach... Not taking any sort of mitgations into account and the Covid years and this years submission, they look to be way way over that £61mill limit. Yes its a very crude calculation!
I think that time would have been better spent having a pot noodle and a w—k. Forest are a special case as they have not spent the whole r3 year reporting period in PL

Ugh.

The interest bearing loans are specifically for working capital (as stated in the loan documents). No lender will ever be the first dollar in on a construction project.

Regardless, we can keep making the same arguments, and we'll keep getting the same answer. See you again next January when we do it again.
We have shot ourselves in the arse with the loan allocation, and the IC took a dim view that we tried to pass it through anyway.

If by some stretch we genuinely went into that first IC hearing thinking we’d manufactured a case that would win, but then were told our accounting and mitigations were rejected, the correct thing to do would be to run back to FF and sell a player for profit (preferably Onana 😃) to build in a compliance buffer in the 22/23 accounts. We couldn’t do that because that accounting period had already closed over 4 months previously!

These things were always destined to be accounting arguments, and because our case ran over the next year-end close, due to the rolling 3 year mechanic, we were doomed to fail again, we never had chance to mitigate the rejected accounting and try to correct the rolling total, which is the whole rational for using a rolling period in the first place, so you can try and recover after a high loss year.

Thats why everything now hangs on the appeal, trying to re-visit those same arguments in order to fix both assessment periods, and why we have thrown every penny we have left at mr silk undies.

That's it in a nutshell

Kieran Maguire tweeted over the weekend: “If Premier League PSR limits had risen in line with football inflation since 2013 (here I’m using wages but revenues are similar) clubs could lose up to £218 million over three years. Non-adjustment of limits is similar to fiscal drag when government doesn’t raise tax thresholds.”
I guess if the limit was £200mill, clubs would lose £220m and try to argue the toss over player X and Brennan Johnson. So doesn’t help our cause retrospectively.

Would be a much much much more flexible environment to build a stadium though.

Some of you hold that esk fella more to account than the people who got us in the mess in the first place
A very valid post.

Too many seem to have forgotten or choose to ignore the facts that Moshiri, Kenwright, Barrett-Baxendale and Ingles are the owner/were the board who wasted millions and continually LIED about funding being in place/imminent for BMD.

If people really want to get angry about the state the club is in, it's all those above and the thousands who believed all their collective BS.

Everton's Accountant: -

Stevie+Wonder+13.gif