6 + 2 Point Deductions

Nope, this is for the 22/23 accounts. By the time we got charged and the PL said we couldnt deduct the interest, those accounts were already closed(June 2023). So this new charge is something we LITERALLY couldnt do anything about once the PL made up their punishment in late 2023.

In otherwords, even if this was legit, we had 0 opportunity to do anything about it. The moment the PL issued their charge and then made up the punishment in August THEY knew they would double charge us for it and there was nothing we could do, even selling players would have no effect because it would only count for 23/24

I think its far more complex than is being suggested. Here’s my reading of the problem

The written reasons goes into quite some detail about the capitalism of stadium costs prior to planning consent being granted in Feb 21 which as that date fell in the 20/21 accounting year costs could be capitalised for 20/21 et seq

In effect some £39.3 million had to be included in the profit and loss and couldn’t because of accounting convention be discounted when it came to the P&S (FFP ) submissions. In effect the 2017/18, 2018/ 2019 and 2019/20 numbers were impacted. This problem was identified by Everton

After much pressure from the Everton heiracy the PL based on projections agreed that for the period ending 30/6/22 it looked as if Everton would exceed the £105 million but it wouldn’t if the costs re the stadium were excluded. So in August 21 the PL Board agreed that as long any 3 year breech didn’t exceed £105 million + the uncapitalised sums then the stadium costs would be excluded.

Alas as we now know they did exceed £105 + the uncapitalised costs so that extra concession didn’t happen.

When it comes to the Interest that Everton wanted to claim but the PL disallowed then that’s a whole different debate and to be honest looking the written reasons it was basically a schoolboy error which seems to have had significant impact.

The shortfall of money should be forcibly removed from Moshiri's personal account.

He's the disaster that caused all of this. He thought he could get away with it not once but twice.

I want to see his money and assets taken from him and to leave him destitute.

It's all he deserves.
those responsible for these actions, club officials should be sanctioned, not sure they could do it financially but the EPL/FA could certainly ban all of these club officials from ever taking positions of responsibility at any club ever again.

Saw a report that Forest breached by 12.5m so should be under 10 points

It’s the nature of their offense for me, if the mitigation is the late sale of Brennan Johnson for value, well he played for Forrest this season and was involved in goals, that directly leads to a sporting outcome.

Ours is more what column do you put an interest payment in.

Yeah the charge came in March, but even at that point, there was disagreement over how much we had breached by (with us arguing it was only £9/10m). It also only gave us 3 months to get in line for the year we are now being done for and considering we had already sold Gordon, I’m not sure it’s arrogance.

It's why it's gonna be interesting to see how much we're over by.

From a basic POV...if we're saying the original loss was £9mill and within the next set of accounts we made an additional £10mill to clear that loss for example, we look on track.

But as the PL disagreed and said it was £19.5mill...by the next set of accounts we then look over.

Hence why we've come out and said as we're appealing the previous outcome, you can't judge these set of accounts that would lead to a punishment.

For our best content we should start an only fans! lol
legends-of-tomorrow-damien-darhk.gif

Alert the new years honours then...
What happens if they decide arbitrarily to take points again as a punishment? Do we then have two appeals on the go? At what point do punishments end up considered factors in games? By that I mean how does Dyche motivate himself and the side in the face of such spirit crushing atmosphere downer?

Vinegar, birchwood and nettles.

Or Tuesday night as we call it.

those responsible for these actions, club officials should be sanctioned, not sure they could do it financially but the EPL/FA could certainly ban all of these club officials from ever taking positions of responsibility at any club ever again.
Nice idea, unfortunately take a look at how well the EFL are doing regarding Readings situation. The guy is basically a squatter letting the club go to oblivion and the league can’t get him out.

It’s the nature of their offense for me, if the mitigation is the late sale of Brennan Johnson for value, well he played for Forrest this season and was involved in goals, that directly leads to a sporting outcome.

Ours is more what column do you put an interest payment in.
Getting very technical but this thread appears to go against the Esk (so is probably right)and makes it look like we are unlikely to get anything back