6 + 2 Point Deductions

Assuming this is real, there is an appeal after the season has finished??? So a team could stay up on the last day, the fans celebrate, and then another team has their points deduction rescinded, relegating them?

Two possible explanations. Either they have no intention of ever upholding an appeal or they just love the drama. This is the jumbo version of VAR striking a goal off. I bet it’s great for content creators. Less good for those of us who want league placing to be determined on the football field.
Yep, they've taken away celebrating goals, now they want to take away celebrating surviving relegation.

Amazing fact. What year was it introduced?

In the weeks running up to the vote, Arsenal, Spurs, Man Utd and Liverpool joined together and lobbied the Premier League to push for rules that prevented wealthy owners putting money into clubs. The Mail published a leaked letter from the gang of four explaining their position:

Gang%20of%204%20letter.jpg.opt528x723o0%2C0s528x723.jpg

Such a change would have hit clubs that operate on a ‘wealthy benefactor model’ (such as Chelsea, City, Fulham, Villa). City and Chelsea are opposed to any change that would overly restrict the owner being able to put their hand in their pocket and finance the club. Clearly clubs were lobbying out of self-interest and wanted to gain an advantage over their rivals.

I don’t understand the reasoning for this. They’re treating it as the “Covid period”, but the pandemic only started in March 2020 when there were about 10 games left of the season. How can they include our summer 2019 business as part of the pandemic spending? It was also nearly 5 years ago, we shouldn’t still be getting punished for our summer 2019 spending.
I think the underlying losses, without considering the direct consequences of Covid, were lower in 2019/20 than in 2020/21. Obviously it's unclear how much of that loss was also irrelevant to PSR, but isn't their using the mean likely to be of benefit?

As others have said they need to follow Spain. Appoint some proper regulators to monitor transfer fees and wages and give teams their individual caps up front, meaning they can't breach the rules. It's pretty much what we asked them to do and they wouldn't.

Madrid and Barca also take a massive chunk of the TV money compared to the rest of the league.

Assuming this is real, there is an appeal after the season has finished??? So a team could stay up on the last day, the fans celebrate, and then another team has their points deduction rescinded, relegating them?

Two possible explanations. Either they have no intention of ever upholding an appeal or they just love the drama. This is the jumbo version of VAR striking a goal off. I bet it’s great for content creators. Less good for those of us who want league placing to be determined on the football field.

They’ve also only just worked out the formula for punishing clubs in the Everton case. Why didn’t they clearly define the punishments when they made the rules up?

Everton and presumably Forest look like being the Guinea pigs here, before they tackle City and Chelsea.

I agree with the point made further up - they need to suspend all this until they’ve worked all the rules and punishments out clearly.

If the reports are true it will be an interesting case. Is it more financially sustainable to sell a player for £30m on 30th June, or for £47m on the 28th August?
[/QUOTE]
If we’ve breached there will be no leniency on us. We aren’t Man City. If anything I think we’d be punished more severely than Everton. If we get hit for 10+ points we’re down.

If the reports are true it will be an interesting case. Is it more financially sustainable to sell a player for £30m on 30th June, or for £47m on the 28th August?
The issue with that argument is, we've already tried similar with Richarlison and that got laughed at. Also, there was no way of knowing Spurs bid would come in. Basically, it's a pathetic defence.