6 + 2 Point Deductions

I didn’t think his sponsorship was a fortune. I read 12mil for the sleave sponsorship and training ground etc. yes we lost a bit but we got other sponsorship deals. Probably the James 200k a week covered the losses
i thought it was around 30 mill all up they lost but i could be wrong , i used to think the same how can we lose so many top earners and it still didn’t make a difference that was the answer i got on here

Yep, Leeds had a wonderful team to watch for a few years
City became a juggernaut
Chelsea have won two champions leagues and multiple cups
Newcastle are watching their team compete in the champions league with PSG and Dortmund
Villa are right up there this season because they’ve spent loads
West Ham have spent loads and won the new Micky Mouse Europe cup and are having a good season this year again

Everton? Top of the pops, had Ancelotti and James for 10 minutes whilst the world had covid and now we’re absolutely wrecked financially for years and only just now coming out of it
Yeah all seems very odd doesn’t it. The villa thing kinda gets me. It’s a similar sized club, similar history, similar sized stadium etc etc but I look at their team and just think it’s all going to come crumbling down. They will not finish in the top 4, there’s too many teams below them who will come good after this much needed rest/break.

As far as I can see they have spent almost 400m in three seasons, god knows what their weekly wage bill is with players like Digne, Wakins, Tielemens etc.

But why haven’t they been punished for anything? Just strikes me as strange.

Man City say hello

If we’ve breached there will be no leniency on us. We aren’t Man City. If anything I think we’d be punished more severely than Everton. If we get hit for 10+ points we’re down.

If the reports are true it will be an interesting case. Is it more financially sustainable to sell a player for £30m on 30th June, or for £47m on the 28th August?

Yeah all seems very odd doesn’t it. The villa thing kinda gets me. It’s a similar sized club, similar history, similar sized stadium etc etc but I look at their team and just think it’s all going to come crumbling down. They will not finish in the top 4, there’s too many teams below them who will come good after this much needed rest/break.

As far as I can see they have spent almost 400m in three seasons, god knows what their weekly wage bill is with players like Digne, Wakins, Tielemens etc.

But why haven’t they been punished for anything? Just strikes me as strange.
It's that 5th to 10thmerry go round we were a part of. Want to improve, get a better manager, but better managers want better players, better players cost more money, bigger wages, transfer fees, agents fees. Then there's all the media hassle, not just through players, there's being 'on brand' with the PL & UEFA plus sky/BT etc and playing their game, their way, not necessarily a fair way as we know.
And then there's the actual football bit, academy development and the FA home grown stuff, the playing style, making it work, success needs more money, needs more money, needs more money, and if your face doesn't fit or you don't 'play ball', well, you don't get that 8 minutes added time, or the handball decision or a penalty go your way, you lose a player to the obligatory 'innocuous second yellow' and that toenail was 'marginally offside'.
I said somewhere else that the PL is like the Running Man, rigged for the benefit of the gambling circuit, that's the slush fund that props the PL up, and it works because the outcomes can be manouevered via corrupt or incompetent referees or VAR or financial hamstringing.
It's goosed, we all know it.
I'd love to walk away, truly.

I’d love it to happen Dave, for all the fans.

But I just don’t see it. I think the PL will be desperate for Everton to stay up just to get themselves out of this mess.
Honestly, without sounding rude, I think your last sentence is one of the most ridiculous statements I’ve read for a while.

You think the PL are desperate for us to stay up? You think this organisation whom don’t give us any decisions in nearly every game, backed up with facts by the way as we are the only team this season not to of been awarded a penalty. You think the PL want us to stay up when we have had goals ruled out by var this season which has cost us points, Fulham, Spurs. You think they want us to stay up when we boo their theme every week and have held up banners calling them corrupt. They have wanted us out of the league since Russia decided to invade Ukraine, from that moment someone at the PL HQ went ‘Everton are owned by one of these guys’, and the writing has been on the wall since. It wouldn’t surprise me one bit if we get another deduction as put simply they do not want their brand being tarnished by clubs like Everton breaking the rules. Whether it’s this season, next season or in many years time they will get us down to the Championship and they will probably throw a big party.