6 + 2 Point Deductions

1704317525701.png

Assuming this is real, there is an appeal after the season has finished??? So a team could stay up on the last day, the fans celebrate, and then another team has their points deduction rescinded, relegating them?

Two possible explanations. Either they have no intention of ever upholding an appeal or they just love the drama. This is the jumbo version of VAR striking a goal off. I bet it’s great for content creators. Less good for those of us who want league placing to be determined on the football field.

This is spot on...

It is. Overall mate they’ve opened a hornets nest, they’ve gone right after the one thing they can’t manipulate and they can’t control the fans.

With their handling of the ESL, Standard/corruption of officiating, VAR and now the standard the have set for PSR - more and more fans across the world are taking the red pill and pulling the,selves out of the Matrix.

The PL will destroy itself.

19/20 and 20/21 seasons get averaged. So it's technically a 4 year P&S.

I don’t understand the reasoning for this. They’re treating it as the “Covid period”, but the pandemic only started in March 2020 when there were about 10 games left of the season. How can they include our summer 2019 business as part of the pandemic spending? It was also nearly 5 years ago, we shouldn’t still be getting punished for our summer 2019 spending.

Assuming this is real, there is an appeal after the season has finished??? So a team could stay up on the last day, the fans celebrate, and then another team has their points deduction rescinded, relegating them?

Two possible explanations. Either they have no intention of ever upholding an appeal or they just love the drama. This is the jumbo version of VAR striking a goal off. I bet it’s great for content creators. Less good for those of us who want league placing to be determined on the football field.

Yep mate. Gobshites or on purpose.

Can’t leave anything to sporting outcomes these days.

It is. Overall mate they’ve opened a hornets nest, they’ve gone right after the one thing they can’t manipulate and they can’t control the fans.

With their handling of the ESL, Standard/corruption of officiating, VAR and now the standard the have set for PSR - more and more fans across the world are taking the red pill and pulling the,selves out of the Matrix.

The PL will destroy itself.

If we had access to another body to look at this they'd be done for. I cant believe this lot are left to govern the top flight English game without outside scrutiny.

If we had access to another body to look at this they'd be done for. I cant believe this lot are left to govern the top flight English game without outside scrutiny.

In the face of regulation their approach in proving its necessity.

As instigators and founder members of the PL, At what point did it become not about Sport and became media conglomerate that turned on its own.

They've reached to far and there is a push back coming.

In the face of regulation their approach in proving its necessity.

As instigators and founder members of the PL, At what point did it become not about Sport and became media conglomerate that turned on its own.

They've reached to far and there is a push back coming.
They're done for mate.

Most people see an organisation not for for purpose. It's not just people who talk about football for a living - it's ordinary fans.

They're snookered on moving on other clubs with FFP for that reason. They know if they stir up enough opprobrium they'll be finished. FFP is a joke and won't last. Not in this form.

They're done for mate.

Most people see an organisation not for for purpose. It's not just people who talk about football for a living - it's ordinary fans.

They're snookered on moving on other clubs with FFP for that reason. They know if they stir up enough opprobrium they'll be finished. FFP is a joke and won't last. Not in this form.

Thats it mate, the fans are game changers, if we can organise as a club a group of clubs can, we saw the power during the ESL.

14 is more then 6.

All this talk of points deductions and associated drama…

Does anyone remember the foot-ball, lads?

The round ball, the grass, the onion sack fellas connected to the stalks of wood or something that you sort of smoosh the ball into to get a score for a draw or a win if you were lucky?

I used to like it when it was that.
Invariably the answer to such cries is “follow the money” because nothing else matters.

I adore and support your naïve love of the game.