Europa or none at all

• Europa League

Votes: 134 77.5%
  • No thanks, swerve it.

Votes: 39 22.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Europa League an improvement on last season? Yes.
There you go. This season we all wanted to see a slight improvement in the Everton side. Europa is an improvement, simple. It'll be welcome. Everton not in Europe is a joke.

I have absolutely no interest in the Europe League. I don't remember who won it last year and can't even be bothered to google it to refresh my memory.

I wouldn't object to the club being in the thing provided we were not going to take it seriously. Its for blooding kids and trying things out. It the League Cup only with more games.

was thinking of making this poll myself, knew more would be in favour. we can attract a higher standard of player if we can offer them european football as well.

some teams in england may turn their nose up at it, but i guarantee there are a lot of quality european footballers at small clubs who would love the chance. i think our squad right now is big enough and good enough to cope with both as well, we just know we'll suffer everton luck and have 11 players injured at once again.

it would be an amazing achievemnt to win the europa league btw. much bigger than just qualifying for the champs league only to lose the qualifier/finish bottom of the group.

Take europee every time, even if we did the year after due to squad depth like others have done, simple fact is its gonna be ridiculously hard to ever crack the top 4 without great luck and not likely to ever be more than oneoff without heavy investment lol

So take europe whenever we can get it and make some memories for blues, the year after back to the position we are now even if the year in europe we slip to mid table

it would be an amazing achievemnt to win the europa league btw. much bigger than just qualifying for the champs league only to lose the qualifier/finish bottom of the group.

Finishing last in the champions league group will earn more money than winning the Europa league.

I'd still want us to play in it even if it was a mid-season friendly tournament with no financial remuneration whatsoever.

Okay Swansea and the barcodes league campaigns have suffered with Europa football, but to turn it down
for the holy grail of a champions league berth would send us in a self perpetuating cycle of under-achieving...

its effectively footballs version of the chicken and the egg scenario

Remember every place higher is more money for us and a 5th or (6h finish) depending on city has got to be good in the long run and help us become stronger.

Meh.

Fourth is a dream and we won't get it.

Let's not forget when our loan players go back we turn into mid-table at best, and that isn't me being all depressed after the game today, it is a fact.

Our squad in the summer consists of Kone as our only striker, Mirallas, McGeady and an ageing Pienaar as our only wide players and only one defensive-minded midfielder in the entire squad who can be relied upon.

Add your traditional massive list of injuries and we will no doubt see Osman in 35 games again next season.

And let's not have the "but Martinez has loads of money in the summer" rubbish. We all know he won't have (why? because for the last 10 years it's been that way) and will possibly have 5-10m before having to sell a big name to generate funds.

Any type of European competition would heavily screw us over in the league, but obviously if we could sneak a fourth it would at least, possibly, open up the chance of the manager having some funds to invest in the squad.

Would love to get into Europa - FFS its an improvement on last season - and a chance to beat the rs when they drop out of the cl ....European Tour COYB !!

Status
Not open for further replies.