Europa or none at all

• Europa League

Votes: 134 77.5%
  • No thanks, swerve it.

Votes: 39 22.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be good getting into the Champions League via the Europa but I'd be more happy with just winning a European trophy. The 2015 final is in Warsaw. How boss would that be for a piss up with a load of blues. Couple of trips to Amsterdam and Hamburg on the way, say.

Seems that more pros than cons.

All good points.

And I'm usually an optimist too. I could be swayed here !!!

would love the Europa league mate, but sadly don't think we will get it at this stage especially if it goes only to 5th should sunderland pull off a win which I think is likely if aguero/toure are out for the final.

back door entrance to champions league. We must grab any chance that comes our way. It's an easier route compare to top 4 finish so why not?

Would love the europa league, it's a move in the right direction we can attract more players and we can have some boss European nights, it's still a very strong competition with quality sides.

4th or bust? No chance. Hate seeing the Blues lose games. Losing games to avoid a competition is NOT an option.

I certainly don't want us to lose game for any reason and certainly not to avoid a competition.

The original question was just if I had a choice.

I certainly don't want us to lose game for any reason and certainly not to avoid a competition.

The original question was just if I had a choice.

Yeah, I was perhaps a bit pedantic. I can see why people think it might be a distraction/hindrance, but the chance to compete for a European trophy is not to be sniffed at. As they say, you've got to be in it to win it...

938863_w2.jpg

In it for me, revenue both from TV and Gate Receipts would be welcome. It may also help attract players to the club with playing in Europe being a factor. I also think we would have a reasonable shot at winning it.

...I don't like either or threads. We should look to finish as high as possible. Champions League is Wed/Sat, UEFA is Thurs/Sun, not a lot of difference. Anyway, we could win it. Seem to recall we were in it the year we finished 4th, but might have that wrong.

1) Taxes a clubs resources that has squad depth such as ours.
2) Prize money just doesn't make it that worthwhile.
3) Will effect our ability to mount an effective assault on a CL place the next season due number of games played, travel, etc...
4) More matches means potentially more injuries.

Although these points are valid, following our favourite football team is a lot about treasuring memories. And memories like those of the European tours from what I fondly remember as the Arteta years are what it's all about, isn't it?

I voted for a European tour. Europa League is a fine consolation prize in our current phase of development.

...I don't like either or threads. We should look to finish as high as possible. Champions League is Wed/Sat, UEFA is Thurs/Sun, not a lot of difference. Anyway, we could win it. Seem to recall we were in it the year we finished 4th, but might have that wrong.

Thought about that when I made the poll (cause I'm not a big fan of them either and always come up with another poll option that wasn't asked) but just stuck with it.

Although these points are valid, following our favourite football team is a lot about treasuring memories. And memories like those of the European tours from what I fondly remember as the Arteta years are what it's all about, isn't it?

I voted for a European tour. Europa League is a fine consolation prize in our current phase of development.

Great point.

Status
Not open for further replies.