Votes: 134 77.5%
  • No thanks, swerve it.

Votes: 39 22.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TX Bill

Player Valuation: £80m
Just curious as to what my fellow Evertonians think.

I know that Europe is an admirable and desirable target for Everton but I'm not so sure that I'd want to get into to the Europa League. I could construct pros and cons for both but for me I'd rather swerve it if we don't get fourth.

1) Taxes a clubs resources that has squad depth such as ours.
2) Prize money just doesn't make it that worthwhile.
3) Will effect our ability to mount an effective assault on a CL place the next season due number of games played, travel, etc...
4) More matches means potentially more injuries.

Fourth or bust for me.

I'd love some euro togger next season. Every season in fact.

Were in no position to turn our noses up at the Europa League. Good for the club, good for attracting players.

Just curious as to what my fellow Evertonians think.

I know that Europe is an admirable and desirable target for Everton but I'm not so sure that I'd want to get into to the Europa League. I could construct pros and cons for both but for me I'd rather swerve it if we don't get fourth.

1) Taxes a clubs resources that has squad depth such as ours.
2) Prize money just doesn't make it that worthwhile.
3) Will effect our ability to mount an effective assault on a CL place the next season due number of games played, travel, etc...
4) More matches means potentially more injuries.

Fourth or bust for me.

I agree. Your third point is what would worry me the most. I'd rather we focus entirely on reaching CL next season than mess about with the Europa. As long as we spend big in the summer anyway, otherwise I couldn't care less.

Some of the pros:

1) Raises our profile
2) We do get "some" money for progressing
3) More matches for players who are squad players or on the fringes
4) Allows Martinez more opportunities to experiment and try new formations/lineups/players
5) Supporters treated to some additional matches home and away in Europe
6) As Brennan said above, a good stepping stone to CL competition.

I want euro comp,dont care if others like it or not,been good gets you Europa or champions league if you are just that little bit better,otherwsie you might as well end 8th or whatever which I know some would want if it stoped us getting Europa etc,plus we do as well in the league as in euro at same time,doesnt effect us at all as previous 4 attempts showed

Europa League for me. It would show progress is being made and if we can't put out a team for Europa League mid-week and Premiership at the weekend then we have absolutely no chance of doing so for the Champions League

Europa league winners next season get a champions league spot. It'll be another path to the big time.

Ah...didn't know that.

Would be nice too if they got rid of the CL clubs who drop into Europa after getting eliminated. They had their chance.

Either way, another "pro"

If we don't want to qualify for Europe, why do we bother with the PL in the first place. Big YES!!! from me therefore. I know the money being made from the Europa League isn't really worthwhile, but surely it all should be about ambition in the first place instead of money?

Status
Not open for further replies.