3 at the back

Sell cleverly

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Williams Funes Mori/Kone for me.

Funes Mori gives us goal threat also, so i'd start as soon as we can with a CB pairing of Williams and Mori.

I'm still unsure what our best 2 is. Thought Jags and Mori did well today. Either thorough injury or expirmentation we'll probably get to see the next couple months.

I don't think Moyes sells Kone unless we send Jags over there. And maybe Kone is a bit settled after the contract promise because he hasn't pulled an Operation Lescott today. Holgate looks like he can be a solid No.4.

I'm still unsure what our best 2 is. Thought Jags and Mori did well today. Either thorough injury or expirmentation we'll probably get to see the next couple months.

I don't think Moyes sells Kone unless we send Jags over there. And maybe Kone is a bit settled after the contract promise because he hasn't pulled an Operation Lescott today. Holgate looks like he can be a solid No.4.
I just don't see Koeman accepting his CB options as they now stand. He'll get a good one in and hopefully punt the church mouse to ginger bolocks.

We'll play it until Koeman's imprint is firmly on the team as a whole and we can defend properly. Unfortunately at this early stage it's probably the only way he feels that this team won't ship goals rather than because he thinks it's a boss way to play.

Get Williams and a settled partner in there and there'll be no need a third centre back.

Was that three at the back he played today? It looked like a back four with Holgate as a conventional right back and McCarthy as cover for him, playing just in front of Holgate as an extra right back.
A very unbalanced and baffling formation to me that proved beyond doubt that McCarthy has no future in this team and that Koeman has an urgent need to nring either one or two new defenders in as soon as possible.

Was that three at the back he played today? It looked like a back four with Holgate as a conventional right back and McCarthy as cover for him, playing just in front of Holgate as an extra right back.
A very unbalanced and baffling formation to me that proved beyond doubt that McCarthy has no future in this team and that Koeman has an urgent need to nring either one or two new defenders in as soon as possible.

Was 3-4-3 mate.

Think Gueye will be a big part of making 3 at the back work. Thought he was exceptional today. Hopefully we can get williams and kone sorted out and think we will be really solid

Both wing backs.
I'm even more confused. McCarthy was a right back for most of the first half and all the time until he was substituted in the second half. Baines was Baines, but if that was wing back then so be it.
Whatever it was, I can't see that sort of formation lasting long - certainly not with McCarthy in there.

I'm even more confused. McCarthy was a right back for most of the first half and all the time until he was substituted in the second half. Baines was Baines, but if that was wing back then so be it.
Whatever it was, I can't see that sort of formation lasting long - certainly not with McCarthy in there.

It was a 3-4-3 with McCarthy and baines operating as wing backs, mccarthy must have been instructed not to venture to far forward as to not leave Holgate exposed. Baines is just an animal up and down the flanks

Status
Not open for further replies.