2022/2023 Kit Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

...a return to sanity then on the choice of colour.

But that Tower motif instead of the badge is a nasty little corporate trick smuggled in on an a third kit - they're piloting that and if we're not too careful the suits will be replacing the traditional badge on the home kit with it.

These people are determined to water down our heritage. Be vigilant.

the kits I ordered from the chinese site for my 3 kids turned up today, top quality as usual, no difference to the official one, probably made in the same factory, £45 for all 3 for the full kits, happy days.

• Wow
Reactions: kev
The pointed leaving out of the winning laurel wreathes is not by accident.

That's by design. Literally.

As soon as I saw that Tower brand I hated it. It looks innocuous enough, but it carries with it a powerful message and a retreat from our past.

That re-branding is way way more disconcerting than the switch to the bumblebee badge back in 2014.

They've successfully smuggled this retreat in with their slick talk about it just covering merchandise...well it's going to be emblazoned on the first team shirt soon enough and it'll be our face to the world in due course.

They've pulled a fast one here. Absolutely no question in my mind. The corporate heads have mugged this fanbase - and they better wake up to it while they still can.

The pointed leaving out of the winning laurel wreathes is not by accident.

That's by design. Literally.

As soon as I saw that Tower brand I hated it. It looks innocuous enough, but it carries with it a powerful message and a retreat from our past.

That re-branding is way way more disconcerting than the switch to the bumblebee badge back in 2014.

They've successfully smuggled this retreat in with their slick talk about it just covering merchandise...well it's going to be emblazoned on the first team shirt soon enough and it'll be our face to the world in due course.

They've pulled a fast one here. Absolutely no question in my mind. The corporate heads have mugged this fanbase - and they better wake up to it while they still can.
To be fair to the club, the players that play for the badge, are as bad as the badge

But that Tower motif instead of the badge is a nasty little corporate trick smuggled in on an a third kit - they're piloting that and if we're not too careful the suits will be replacing the traditional badge on the home kit with it.

If I'm not mistaken, part of our heritage was having no badge because we shouldn't need a badge to tell people who we are.

Then for years our heritage consisted of 'EFC' and that's it.
now our heritage has a shield, three different images, a date, our motto and our name.

I like the minimalist approach (adding EFC might be an idea)
I don't think it's an attempt to Water down our heritage, if anything it cleans it up and focuses it.

Old Man Yelling At Clouds mode: Activated

the kits I ordered from the chinese site for my 3 kids turned up today, top quality as usual, no difference to the official one, probably made in the same factory, £45 for all 3 for the full kits, happy days.
I ordered a fake home shirt from one last season (£8.50) and an away shirt from the official store- quality is the same and you wouldn't be able to tell which is the fake one!

Yep. I remember Dunc and Martinez at the time picking their favourite (the one which won) and I'm pretty sure Alan Myers (who was still working for the club at the time) has spoken out since about knowing the winner beforehand.
I went to one of the consultation sessions they ran. God only knows how much (if anything) they took under advisement.

If I'm not mistaken, part of our heritage was having no badge because we shouldn't need a badge to tell people who we are.

Then for years our heritage consisted of 'EFC' and that's it.
now our heritage has a shield, three different images, a date, our motto and our name.

I like the minimalist approach (adding EFC might be an idea)
I don't think it's an attempt to Water down our heritage, if anything it cleans it up and focuses it.
You're going back about a century there mate!

Theo Kelly put those winning wreath's on there for a reason. It's now being undermined because of the incompetents and second raters who've run this club into the gutter.

Dont give them succour while they do so.

You're going back about a century there mate!

Theo Kelly put those winning wreath's on there for a reason. It's now being undermined because of the incompetents and second raters who've run this club into the gutter.

Dont give them succour while they do so.

in the 77-78 season they just had EFC on their kits. There was umbro symbols all down the sleeves and on the chest but still the club just used 'EFC'.
There was nothing on the shirt in 72, when other clubs all had badges. We were everton, everyone knew that.

I agree that the running of the club is terrible at times but some unique branding isn't a sign of incompetence.

Status
Not open for further replies.