2018/19 - What do we actually want to see?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need a new manager and a new DOF. Those are a given.

In terms of signings I'd like to see 4 or 5 at most. Anymore is pointless. Positions where we should look to strengthen are:

A Left back
A centre half
A midfielder
A Striker
A creative winger/attacking mid

I'd like to see us integrate Lookman Dowell Onyekuru into the squad and see Davies DCL Holgate Kenny continue to get exposure.

Players who need to leave are:

Joel
Williams
Jags
Baines
Schneiderlein
Bolasie
Klassen
Garbutt
Martina
Mirallas (perm)
Sandro (perm)
Besic (perm)

It's fairly obvious but we need many more outs than ins. There's no doubt there's probably other obvious players I've missed on the outs list too. Our squad is too big, too old, too gutless, too passive, too lacking in athleticism, too right sided, too dependent on luck.

We will need more than one season to sort this self inflicted mess.

I wanted to post a similiar thread to yours. My question would have been: "Which players would you keep at the club?"

GK

Pickford
Robles

Defenders

RB: Coleman
RB: Kenny

CB: New Signing - ???
CB: Holgate
CB: Keane
CB: Funes Mori
CB: Jagielka

LB: New Signing - ???
LB: Baines

Midfielders

CDM: Gueye
(CDM: New Signing - ???)
CDM: Baningime
CM: New Signing - ???
CM: Davies
CM: Rooney
CAM: Sigurdsson
CAM: Dowell
RM: Walcott
RM: Vlasic
LM:
(New Signing - ???)
LM: Lookman
LM: Onyekuru

Strikers

(New Signing - ???)
Niasse
Calvert-Lewin
Tosun

Out

GK: Stekelenburg
CB: Ashley Williams
RB/LB: Cuco Martina
CDM: Morgan Schneiderlin
LM: Bolasie

I agree with Zatmeister in some points.The main targets in the next transfer window should be a experienced CB for the first team, a new first choice left back and a box-to-box center mid, who can create/pass the ball and is a threat in the oppositions box. Maybe sign a new LM/LW and ST.

Possible targets:

LB: Tierney, Sessegnon, Bryan
CB: Maguire, Koulibaly, De Vrji, Hegazi, Evans (Konsa, Aké, Mawson, De Ligt)
(CDM: Nzonzi, Dendoncker)
CM: Seri, Brozovic, Wass

We should also look for a new manager and a new DOF.

Our goal for every season "should be the best of the rest"/first team after the big 6. Maybe even to compete to qualify for Europa League. We should also go for the Carabao Cup and F.A. Cup.

I want to see us pick up some points over the next couple of months by playing like we did against Leicester.

We have a comparatively benign sequence of fixtures coming up.

Keep the following:

Pickford
Coleman
Keane
Holgate
Gueye
Davies
Vlasic
Lookman
Sigurdsson
Walcott
Tosun
DCL

Burn the rest to the ground and start again, and that includes Fat Sam, his coaching staff, and Walsh.

I want an absolute fire sale come June. No serious offer refused. 2 for the price of 1 deals. Sell sell sell. Keep the young lads and about 8 first teamers and buy some players with a bit of heart. Start from scratch.

Edit: That includes the whole coaching staff, Sam first. Something is not right with how we go about things.

Status
Not open for further replies.