2018/19 - What do we actually want to see?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nymzee

Player Valuation: £150m
Personally I think this abomination can be sorted in the summer but we must have a clear strategy in terms of how we want to play, how long we want the manager their for and what the short & long term goals are. I also would like to see a new younger manager and no DoF unless they were actually a DoF before they come here.

My question I guess is if you were in control of the club, or even it's DoF, with ultimate power over decisions, how would you like the club to look come August this year?

Looking at it from my point of view I'd like to see this squad rock up first game of the 2018/19 season in a sort of 4-1-4-1 or 4-1-2-3 formation. I single out the 1 in midfield because I'm sick of seeing us try and make Gana into something he isn't - just leave him to mop up and pass 5 yards to someone better;

GK

Pickford
New Signing

Defense

Keane
Holgate
RFM
Feeney (injury back-up)
New Signing

New Signing
Robinson/Connolly
Coleman
Kenny

Midfield

DM: Gana
DM: Baningime

RM: Walcott
RM: Vlasic
CM: Davies
CM: New Signing
CAM: Sigurdsson
CAM: Dowell
LM: New Signing
LM: Lookman

Strikers

Tosun
DCL
New Signing (maybe)

Normally I'd advocate another striker but the outlay on them is just massive these days and I firmly believe those two can score goals if what's behind them is better and the way we play improves. Transfer priority should be:

New starting LB > New CM x2 > New LM x > New CB (back-up) > New GK (back-up) > New ST (back-up)

Kind regards,

Zatmeister

Personally I think this abomination can be sorted in the summer but we must have a clear strategy in terms of how we want to play, how long we want the manager their for and what the short & long term goals are. I also would like to see a new younger manager and no DoF unless they were actually a DoF before they come here.

My question I guess is if you were in control of the club, or even it's DoF, with ultimate power over decisions, how would you like the club to look come August this year?

Looking at it from my point of view I'd like to see this squad rock up first game of the 2018/19 season in a sort of 4-1-4-1 or 4-1-2-3 formation. I single out the 1 in midfield because I'm sick of seeing us try and make Gana into something he isn't - just leave him to mop up and pass 5 yards to someone better;

GK

Pickford
New Signing

Defense

Keane
Holgate
RFM
Feeney (injury back-up)
New Signing

New Signing
Robinson/Connolly
Coleman
Kenny

Midfield

Strikers

Tosun
DCL
New Signing (maybe)

Normally I'd advocate another striker but the outlay on them is just massive these days and I firmly believe those two can score goals if what's behind them is better and the way we play improves. Transfer priority should be:

New starting LB > New CM x2 > New LM x > New CB (back-up) > New GK (back-up) > New ST (back-up)

Kind regards,

Zatmeister
Very nice post. The club requires a lot of work, a new manager is a must. A transfer plan that’s connected with the style of play on the pitch. A clear out of the board, the manager and the training staff
A 1 year 5 year and 10 year plan, which other than the stadium we don’t seem to have

i don't wont to see schneiderlin Williams cuco or niasse (sorry but he has heart but no skill)
i don't want to see 2 cdm in a home game against teams in the lower half of the league
i don't want to see a lone striker isolated.
i don't want to see a rb at lb and a cm on the left wing
i want to see a balanced squad with players that fit a formation , not a formation that fits the players.
i want to see consistency in squad selection and performance.
i want to see an actual style of play
i want to see partnerships formed in cb's. on the wings , in the cm and up top.
i want to see a transfer policy with an actual goal and purpose, so walsh gone.

I'd like Moshiri to acknowledge he doesn't know enough to run a football club and to appoint someone who does. This person should be set clear aims, in terms of style of play, league position etc, with milestones in place along a series of time plans. A director of football, head of scouting, and manager should be appointed in tandem, then the needs of the squad addressed. There must be clear strategy and tactics in place.

Kenwright out of the club, It looks like he still has control and is probably advising Moshiri on things. He’s proved time and time again he is useless.

I like how we're always told about this project and yet there seems to be no evidence we have one in place. Even our own manager has admitted Spurs are the route to follow and yet we do nothing like them? Short term managerial appointments, short term transfers (Sig, Rooney, Walcott etc.). It just stinks of no actual clue what the clubs aims are.

I'd rather see us finish 10th for a few seasons if I can actually see what the club are working towards. This attempt at boosting instant success is not working.

GK

Pickford
New Signing

Defense

Keane
Holgate
RFM
Feeney (injury back-up)
New Signing

New Signing
Robinson/Connolly
Coleman
Kenny

Midfield

Strikers

Tosun
DCL
New Signing (maybe)

Kind regards,

Zatmeister

Henry Onyekuru to come in as well. A deep-lying playmaker is essential in my opinion that to our transfer strategy, without one any hopes of playing any type of good football goes out the window.

I would also demote Baines to backup and sign a new starting left back, but after seeing what's happened to Kenny this season I definitely wouldn't want either Robinson or Connolly having a similar role next season as an injury to the new left back means they're an undisputed starter despite none of us knowing if they are ready. We need to be more prepared than that.

Want to see a manager who gives a [Poor language removed], players with a spine and Walsh's back if possible

Status
Not open for further replies.